chapter 10

The two walked across to an ice cream shop, where nat got the biggest Sunday possible, and, to save money, Clint got a ninety nine. He owed her. They then walked to the woodlands just outside in the park. They both looked quite unalike to themselves. Clint had green contact lenses, and a black wig, and Natasha wore chocolate brown contacts with long blonde wig.

" Nat, I'm so sorry," Clint started.
" Clint, don't beat yourself up, it was sort of my fault." Nat replied.
" It is not, you did what you thought was right, at the time." He said. Nat nodded solemnly. " Did you, did you hear the conversation on the jet?" He asked nervously. " The first part, not when you said I was a traitor, I heard Rogers, Sam and bucky fuming about it later," she said simply. He hung his head, but smiled a little.

" So you didn't hear Rogers then," he smiled. " No, what he say?" She asked curiously. " He shouted," Clint said. Natasha looked at him in amazement. " Cut me off just before I could finish my word ( traitor) and shouted at me to shut up, then left the room," Clint said," it was kinda scary!"

" He seems to care about you a lot." Clint said. At this Natasha felt butterfly's in her stomach, and smiled at Clint. " Yeah, it's nice to know there really are people on your side." She felt a little colour rising to her face. He nodded, raising one eyebrow. " What?" Natasha asked.
" Oh, nothing...nothing." he said thoughtfully.

Clint had been very much amazed at steves outburst, he had never heard him shout. And, over the past couple of days, he had seen how close him and Natasha were. Then he had just seen Natasha slightly blush, and thought that maybe, just maybe, there was something there. ' good on him if so,' Clint thought,' Sharon was okay, he guessed, a bit conceited and petty, but very sweet and loving, basically the opposite of Natasha,' he realized.

" Clint, Clint, earth to Clint?" Suddenly he felt a sharp pain in his left rib. Natasha had kicked him. " Hey!" He said angrily glaring at her. The two of them walked around the town, talking about nothing in particular before they stopped in front of a cafe. " How bout lunch?" Clint asked.
" Definitely," Natasha smirked.

The cafe was a small open spaced place, very modern. Natasha looked around happily, it had been a long time since she had been somewhere like this. " Cummon, let's get the end table," Clint said after he ordered. They sat down, watching the people outside doing there daily shopping, when two people came into the shop...

Steve watched Natasha and Clint go. He was extremely relieved they were friends again, but he sort of liked having Natasha to himself. ' no, that's horrible Rogers,' he thought. 'But if Clint hurts her again I will kill him'

Just then he had a strange feeling someone was watching him. He turned around quickly. Sharon was standing there, twirling her blonde hair around her finger, smiling brightly. " Hey Stevie!" She said. He winced, he didn't like that name. " Hey Sharon." She looked a little disappointed, probably that he hadn't called her something cute, but it just felt weird.

" What you doing today?" She asked joyfully. " Well I was, errrr..." Steve said. He was bored, that's what, everyone else was out. He might as well be out to. " You fancy going to lunch at a cafe?" He asked.
" Yes, of course, I'll go get my disguise on!" She answered quickly.

A little later on, and they entered the cafe, getting a table next to the end one. They decided to get table service. " Well Stevie, what u want?" Sharon asked. He heard a small laugh from somewhere around him. " Errrr, I'll have a chicken burger, and him paying," he said grabbing her hand as she went to get her card from purse. He then added quickly," cheese," She smiled at him happily. Somebody snorted in laughter.

The 2 turned around to the table next to them, where two people were laughing their heads off." What's so funny, " Steve demanded. The two looked at him and Sharon. " Oh, cl, Kurt hear just told me a very funny joke!" The woman said, in a thick french accent. " Yup," the guy laughed in a very deep voice. Steve and Sharon turned back to their table, waiting for their food.

Natasha turned to see two very familiar people walk into the cafe. Unlike her and Clint, master spies, the two were quite easily recognisable. She felt a pang of sadness seeing Steve with Sharon, both smiling, but then saw Clint watching, and changed her facial expressions quickly to her signature smirk.

She and Clint watched as they came and sat down next to them, clearly not knowing who they were. " Oh, this is gonna be fun!" Nat whispered.
" Oh yeah!" Clint grinned wickedly.
The two giggled a little at Sharon calling Steve Stevie, they had heard it before though. Then he held her hand, making nat and Clint giggle louder, but the last straw was when Steve called Sharon cheese. Clint and Natasha started laughing extremely loud, almost doubled over in mirth.

" What's so funny," Steve demanded of them. " Oh cl, Kurt here just told me a very funny joke!" Natasha said quickly, putting on a french accent, hopefully Clint would get the memo. " Yup," he said, in a laughably dead voice. But none the less the other 2 bought it and turned back around.

" Well, we have seemingly finished, let us now go," nat said, still in a french accent. " Yup," Clint repeated, smiling. They walked out of the shop, round the corner, down the lane and then, burst out laughing.

Clint and Natasha got back to where they were hiding out laughing. As they entered the room Wanda and Sam were there, and Wanda asked" what's so funny?"

" So we went a cafe right, and guess who else came in?" Nat started.
" Who?" Sam asked excitedly.
" None other than are captain and his little girlfriend!" Clint said, starting to laugh.
" And?" Sam urged them on.
" They sat down next to us..." Natasha said.
Clint interrupted," we were disguised of course, so were they, but there's was absolutely terri-"
" Shut up Barton!" Natasha said," anyways so Sharon called him Stevie right, and he was obviously thinking of something cute to call her, and, and he called her..."
" CHEESE!" Nat and Clint laughed.

They all started laughing. " Oh god cap, oh god," wanda said, shaking her head. " She was probably expecting babe or something and he just called her cheese!" Sam laughed.
" He's clueless," clint said.
" Cheese!" Wanda laughed.
" Are you all this weird or..." Scott asked, coming into the room with everyone else. They were all grinning, clearly having heard what happened.

Bucky looked over at Natasha, and behind her smile he could see hurt eyes. He frowned.

Unfortunately no one could answer Scotts question cause at that moment the door opened and in came Sharon and Steve. Everyone avoided eye contact as they came in, acting normal. The two walked straight past, Sharon went upstairs, and Steve grabbed a mug for some coffee, presumably.

Just then he looked around, something was off. Suddenly he spotted the french girl and the guy from the cafe, and realized who they were. " Shit," he said. Then the whole room burst out laughing, and everybody started chanting the word cheese at him.

Steve grabbed Natasha's arm and pulled her down to the training room. They could still hear the laughing from upstairs. " Wtf Romanoff, why'd you do that." He asked.
" Cause it was funny," she replied, smirking, he loved that smirk. ' NO,' he thought,' STOP IT'
He sighed." Your so annoying."