Types of Demons

Hello!

Finally a new info chapter! This one was requested by ENDsol

I will consider this a part two of my previous chapter on demonkin since it will be going more in-depth about the different types of demons. For this, however, I want to stray away from demons associated with Christianity and give you all some info about other religions' take on demons as well as some of their abilities.

In Christianity, demons are considered fallen angels who have rebelled against Christ and Christians consider any deity for the most part to be demons that are pretending to be gods, because of this they tend to have a very formal and strict list of gods/goddesses as well as mythical creatures that are considered "demons" in their eyes. This is not the case for other religions and I will now be getting into that now that I've gone over a little bit about Christianity.

In Japan, the closest thing they have to a "demon" is considered a yokai. One of the most commonly known yokai is Yuki-anna, she is beautiful and only appears in snowstorms, however, her pale and "icy" appearance has fooled many into falling into her trap. She sucks human souls and turns them into ice. If you were interested in taking inspiration from this I would suggest looking into developing these certain abilities.

Cryokinesis
Frost Manipulation
Glaciokinesis
Kheimokinesis

Yuki-anna is a solitary and in some people's eyes lonely being since she never stays in one place for too long. Following the next snowstorm to wherever it leads her.

In Balinese mythology, the Leyak is a demon that can appear human usually during the day before shifting into a bodiless face with fangs that finds comfort in the night

In Balinese mythology, the Leyak is a demon that can appear human usually during the day before shifting into a bodiless face with fangs that finds comfort in the night. It has been known to hunt graveyards and hunt women and children. Just like the first one I will be giving you some abilities that could be associated with this demon so you can take some inspiration.

Auto-Atomkinesis
Hematokinesis
Inferna-Umbrakinesis

Next on the list is the Scottish demon known as a kelpie, despite their very beautiful feminine appearance they can also shapeshift into a horse but tend to stay in their animal form and gravitate towards the lakes of Scotland and have been known ...

Next on the list is the Scottish demon known as a kelpie, despite their very beautiful feminine appearance they can also shapeshift into a horse but tend to stay in their animal form and gravitate towards the lakes of Scotland and have been known to prey on humans. With that being said, however, they also can be very peaceful unproblematic beings, especially if not provoked. I'm sure you get the idea by now but now I will list a couple of abilities associated with kelpies.

Therianthropy
Amokinesis

Now that I've given you some examples of demons from different cultures/religions I want to quickly talk about the more in-depth reason I wanted to add in powers and appearances

Now that I've given you some examples of demons from different cultures/religions I want to quickly talk about the more in-depth reason I wanted to add in powers and appearances. If you were curious as to what type of demon you wanted to become or how to become one similar to the ones I mentioned I wanted to make sure I gave you a base to help out. Also I wanted to mention that the demons on this list have been worshipped by many over time, with people giving grand offerings as a way to show respect or earn protection from their power. If there are any demons, in particular, you all would like me to add to this list please let me know! That's all I have for now!

Goodbye for now!

Jasmine~

P.S.-None of the pictures I used in this chapter belong to me in any way