Chapter 8

(Please kindly correct me if I made some mistakes without me noticing it. Thanks!

Enjoy the Chapter 8!!

—Author-chan)

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

Drip.

Drip.

'Huh? Is it ...raining? Ah, it's not.' It was my tears streaming down my face. 'Stop...!' I slapped both of my cheeks, 'Stop crying.... Don't cry over such things.... Otou-san.... Okaa-san. Isn't it nice that they'll be in Heaven?'

My tears continued to fall. 'They say that by crying, it'll reduce your sadness.... However, it isn't working at all.'

Sniff. Sob.

'It hurts.... It hurts....! It makes me want to cry even more.'

I thought I've already got rid of my old self since the last time I cried was the day I made a vow. I laughed bitterly, 'But it's still there.... There's still a small fragment of my old self left in me... as if it was begging me not to forget.'

Furiously, I wiped my tears with my hands. 'Enough crying,' I told myself. 'You should be happy that they will no longer suffer in this cruel world.'

I burried my face on my school bag. My parents died... and the next one was... Shintaro. They're all my beloved ones. So in the end... I'll always be alone where no one will love me? I wish I was the one who died back then, instead of Shintaro. I wonder if... I was the one who died and saved Shintaro's life... If he was given a chance to save me.... Will he... going to risk anything to save me?

'Ahh.... Of course, not, right? After all, Shintaro... hated me.'

"Yuuki-san... Boku wa anata ga dai kirai—"

There's no way that he'll save me. Perhaps he doesn't love me. And doesn't have feelings for me. Maybe he accepted my confession out of pity and saw how desperate I am. If that was the case, In the future... should I... love someone else other than Shintaro....?

"...-san...."

"Yuuki-san...!"

"Yuuki-san!!"

I heard a faint voice.

'Huh? Someone's ...calling me...?' I lifted my head, trying to find where that voice came from as they continued to call me. 'Who could it be...?'

With wide-eyed, I saw a kid running towards my direction as fast as his little feet can take him.

"Yuuki-san!!"

"Why..." I muttered as tears continuously fall freely. "Why... are you here?" I stood up as my school bag fell on the ground, watching the green-haired child crossed the road eagerly, followed by his mother.