Chapter 16

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

I came alone to the Shutoku's gym.

"Um, coach...?" I called coach Nakatani as I watched the players do their practice.

"Hmm...? What's the matter, Hoshino? Don't you like our practice today?"

"It's not like that.... I like it very much. Especially the player's teamworks, agility, strength, stamina and the way they think quickly," I said. "It's just that I'll be sad that I won't be able to watch the team's practice for awhile."

"Can you tell me the reason why?" coach asked, slightly arching a brow.

"Miyu-chan and I are going to Kyoto for a family bonding. I've been invited. And I want to come with them. Ah, but only for 3 days," I said, playing with my hands. "Being separated from a team I love makes me feel so sad."

I remembered when I graduated from high school in Shutoku, I cried a lot. Because I made lots of memories — both sad and happy— in this place and I don't want to be apart from it. Even though I was already a busy college student, I didn't stop supporting this team. I even joked that I should re-take a year as a high school student to be in the Shutoku again.... It was because when I enrolled to college, I was very lonely.

"Is that so?"

I glanced at coach when he spoke up. "But being apart doesn't mean that it's all over," he crossed his arms and continued, "we're still connected no matter how far we'll go or what path we'll choose."

Nodding in understanding, I finally smiled, "You're right, coach."

"Did you, perhaps, brought the camera with you?"

"Yes."

I took out the camera that coach was talking about from my school bag. "I always carry this with me since the day you gave it to me as a present."

"Good," coach Nakatani stood up from sitting on the bench as he faced his students who were busy doing their practices and shouted, "Everyone, gather around!!"

""""Hai!!!""""

They did what their coach told then

The players and few managers wore a serious look, some looked nervous, as they waited for coach to announce what he's going to say to them.

Coach parted his lips....

"... We're going to have a group picture," he bluntly said.

""""E—H!!??""""

I was surprise to hear that from a serious coach to say something like that, but that serious coach can laugh and have fun with his students (surprisingly).

But the one who were surprised the most were his students.

"It's for Hoshino," coach stated, giving his surprised students a stoic look. "She's not going to watch our practices for awhile, because she's going to Kyoto for 3 days."

""""E—H!!??""""

Well, that surprised them so much because they said that they enjoyed my accompany for some reasons. I still don't know why, though.

There was a time that I didn't visit them for a week due to the fact that I had a high fever and I don't want them to catch my sickness. When I came back, they were overjoyed.

I jumped off the bench I was sitting on, as I began to panic, thinking that I was interrupting their practices. "You don't have to go that far, coach. I already have tons of pictures of them in my 4 memory cards...."