Chapter 6

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

*The day of my parent's death.

I bit my lower lip. "..."

"Yuuki-chan, are you ready?" Okaa-san said, lightly knocking at the door. I shut the notebook close before inserting it inside my school bag. "Please wait a moment," I said, fixing my uniform.

"All right. But hurry. You don't want to be late at your first day of school, do you?"

"Understood, okaa-san."

With a final look at the long standing mirror in front of me, there was no smile on my face. When I went downstairs, okaa-san and otou-san were waiting for me. "Would you like to walk on foot or ride the car to go to school?" asked okaa-san. "It's better to walk over there so I can familiarize my way home," I said, gripping the straps of my school bag.

As we head out of the house, my parents seemed to notice my sad look.

"What's wrong, Yuuki-chan? Aren't you excited?"

"I-I am... But," my grip on the school bag's straps tighten, looking at them, "must you really have to go on...a date?"

"Why, of course." Okaa-san wrapped an arm on otou-san's while leaning on his shoulder. "Today's our wedding anniversary after all. We must celebrate it."

"Yuuki-chan, you've been acting weird lately," otou-san's brows creased in concerned as he looked at me.  "Are you nervous?" He patted my head with with free hand. "Don't worry too much. We'll be there to see you off and at the end of the school day, we'll come back and pick you up. Just wait for us at the main gate and don't go anywhere else on your own. Are we clear?"

"Hai..." I nodded weakly. "But should we just celebrate your anniversary at home? It's much safer there than at outside."

Okaa-san stood straightly, still not letting otou-san go, "Why are you worried about us? We'll be fine. We should be the one worrying about you because we won't be able to see each other and be by your side for awhile, you know."

"It's just that...," I mumbled softly, fiddling with my uniform. 'Should I...tell them?'

"Don't worry. We won't stay out that long," otou-san said.

"Geez. You're such a worrywart, little Yuuki-chan," okaa-san pinched my cheek. "... Reminds me a certain man that worries a lot when we're not together for a day."

"Eh? Why are you staring at me like that, dear?" Otou-san cleared his throat awkwardly with a faint blush on his cheeks, "A-Anyway, let's go or else, Yuuki-chan might be late."

We went out of our residence and unexpectedly encountered two certain persons. "Oh, we're just in time." They approached us.

"Good morning, Mitsuki-chan, Asato-san and Yuuki-chan!"

"Good morning to you too, Shizuka-san and Shintaro-kun." Otou-san blinked. "What brings you two here?"

Shizuka-san placed a hand on top of Shintaro's head and said, "My son said that there's something he wants to give to Yuuki-chan."

Shintaro stiffly stepped forward to me and handed me a folded color paper. "That's today's lucky item for Pisces. Your sign ranked as the "unluckiest". It'll be a shame if something happened on your first day of school. I-It's not like I'm concerned or anything-nanodayo."

"Thank you so much, Shintaro."

'I'm still wondering if it was a good thing that I introduced him to Oha-Asa....'

I saw what he was holding in his left hand. "And Cancer is the luckiest sign. Your lucky item is a handkerchief."

Shintaro's eyes twinkles as he nodded his head. "Yes, it is. Yuuki-san, you should start bringing your lucky item tomorrow-nanodayo."

I sweat dropped. "If you say so..."

"Mitsuki-chan, is it all right for us to come with you to see Yuuki-chan off to school-nodayo?"

"Sure."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

We've arrived to our destination. We stood at the main gate. "Yuuki-chan, will you stand next to that sign?" Okaa-san instructed me, pointing at the standing board that says "Entrance Ceremony".

"Smile," okaa-san said as she readied her camera.

I smiled, but it was neither sad or happy as she and Shizuka-san took pictures of me.

"Do you want to take pictures with Yuuki-chan, Shintaro-kun?" Said Shizuka-san.

"If that's what you want, then fine-nanodayo."

"Oh, my. Too shy to say it? You should be more honest-nanodayo."

"Kaa-san..."

"Hai, hai. Now stand closer to Yuuki-chan."

snap!

"Wonderful," okaa-san said as she stared at the picture her bestfriend took.

Otou-san crouched down in front of me. "Well then, here's your lunch box." He handed me my bento.

"Remember: have fun but not too much fun," okaa-san said. "Don't cause any trouble to your classmates, teachers or to any one, okay?" Okaa-san crouched down beside otou-san.

"Can you do that? You're a good girl, right?"

I nodded, "Hai."

I embraced them both. "I love you both, okaa-san and otou-san."

""We love you, too."" They kissed me on my cheeks.

"I'll be going now," I hesitantly let them go.

""""Take care!!""""

I waved at the four of them. "I will!" I began to walk towards the school building. I remembered something as I fished out the folded colored paper from my skirt pocket.

'Oha-Asa's lucky item for Pisces today is a letter....'

I unfolded the paper. A smile formed my lips once I saw what was written on it.

Good luck

It was a simple neat letter, but it made me extremely happy.

'Thank you, Shintaro,' I thanked him in my mind as I marched forward.

(Midorima is such an adorable tsundere. I love him!

(♥´∀`)/

Also ,I am a fan of his Seiyuu; Ono Daisuke! Any characters he voiced suits him very well, especially the serious character, and funny character.

*sighs dreamily*

Someday I am going to Japan to meet him in person. Well then, good luck me!

And I'm so happy for my OC Hoshino Yuuki! She's now a 1st grader starting on this chapter. I am so proud of her!! It's like I'm watching how my child grows up (even though I ain't a mother yet).

And there are lots of challenges awaits for her in the future. Good luck my first OC!! Laban lang!!

(๑˃̵ ᴗ ˂̵)و

—Author-dono)