Chapter 10

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

The school bell already rang, signaling the start of class, as I entered the 4-B classroom. Luck seems to be on my side. Our homeroom teacher is late.

"Good morning, Miyu-chan and Yuya-kun!" I greeted to my two close friends as I took my seat and placed my things on my desk, as I wiped the sweat on my forehead.

"Good morning to you too, Yuu-chan!" Miyu-chan beamed, "My! What a cute stuffed toy! Is that your lucky item of the day?"

[Fuyuka Miyuki- 9 years old, 4th grader.]

I only nodded as a reply since I was still thirstily drinking my water from my bottled water container.

"Morning, Yuuki-chan," greeted Yuya-kun with a boyish grin.

[Miyaji Yuya- 9 years old, 4th grader.]

"You made it. I thought our top one for the four years was going to be late for the first time. You're lucky that sensei isn't here yet. You'll be in trouble if you were late."

"You almost got late. What happened?" asked Miyu-chan as she played with my lucky item. I rested my head on my table and heaved a sigh, "Shintaro and I were praying at the old shrine for 15 minutes. When I looked at the time from a clock — Shintaro's lucky item, I realized that we were going to be late. And we run to get here as fast as we can."

"No wonder you were sweating a lot when you entered," said Miyu-chan and joked, "You guys keep going to the shrine to pray. Are you two planning to become a priestess and priest someday?"

"Nah... That doesn't suit us. Shintaro wants to be a doctor someday, while I," pausing, I thought for awhile in silence. "....I am still debating whether to own a cafe, a kindergarten teacher — since I am good at handling children, a painter, a writer, or probably a chef."

Yuya-kun arched a brow, ""Probably"? That's a lot of dreams you have."

"Hai! Hai!" Miyu-chan raised her hand, "I wanted to be a Goddess when I grew up!" Winking, she did a peace sign.

"A Goddess, you say? That's not even a job!" Yuya-kun said, sweatdropping.

Miyu-chan puffed both of her cheeks with an irritation look and glaring at Yuya-kun while trying to look scary, but that didn't work because she looked cute.

"Yu-kun, crushing a maiden's dream is extremely rude, you know!"

Yuya-kun shrugged, squinting his eyes in a bored manner, "I was just stating the truth. You watched too much anime. Don't you know the difference between reality and fantasy?"

In reply, Miyu-chan stuck out her tongue at him childishly, "Bleeeehh!!"

The classroom's door opened, revealing our homeroom teacher as she entered in, apologizing for being late.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

As I and Shintaro were going home, we were faced by the so-called most misfortune creature in the world. 'Kuro neko! It's so cute! I wanna be its fur-end!'

My companion lightly tugged my hand. "Yuuki-san, let's find another route-nanodayo," he said with a paled look.

I blinked. "Eh? But... your home is just a few houses away. Your mother will be worried if we don't go home soon," I pointed out.

"We can't cross that path." Shintaro stated the fact, "there's a black cat-nanodayo."

"Then, I'll move it somewhere else," I tried to approach the cat but Shintaro blocked my path with his arms spread wide. "Dame-nanodayo!" he said, shaking his head.

"I'm just going to move it to another road so we can cross."

"No. Don't go near it," Shintaro said in disapproval. "It'll bring misfortune if you went near, touch it or cross the road where it's standing-nodayo."

"Shintaro," with a half-smile, I patted his head and softly said, "look, it's just a cat. It's color is just black, but that doesn't mean that it's unlucky and can affect the people around it in danger."

I stared at the cat with pity, 'Poor neko-chan. The white cat sure is lucky, other people treating it like it'll bring fortunes, while it's opposite color is being treat unfairly.'

"We can't cross that," Shintaro said with seriousness.

'Is it just me or did he become much more... stubborn? Is it because I am spoiling him too much? That's not good....'

He trailed off, "What if... something bad happened...."

Worried was visible on his face. 'Hmmm.... Now that he mentioned it, Shintaro might become misfortune if we went that way....'

"A-All right, we'll find another way to go to your home," I gave up. Do I have any other choice?

He sighed in relief after hearing that from me. Before we could leave that area, I left some biscuits from the side of the road, I made those during our baking class in the afternoon, for the cat to eat because it looks hungry. Or it's just me, secretly supporting it to survive in this cruel world....

'Because the black cat reminds me of my past self....'

While walking away, I looked over my shoulder. The black cat cautiously sniffed the biscuits before taking some bites. I smiled warmly while facing forward with no regret. 'Live long, neko-chan.'

We are finally at the front door of the Midorimas house.

"Yuuki-san...."

"Hm?"

"Let me correct you about one thing," he looked at me with a shy smile, "it's our home."

I smiled back. "You're right."

Since I am staying at his home for awhile, it is my home, too.

We entered in. ""We're back.""

"Welcome back, Shintaro-kun and Yuuki-chan," we were greeted by Shizuka-san as she saw us taking off our shoes before putting it on the side.

"Now do your homework as I prepare for your drinks and snacks."

"Hai, kaa-san," Shintaro quickly went to his room upstairs.

"Um, I already finished my homework in our vacant time in class. May I help you prepare the snacks, Shizuka-san?"

She seemed happy to hear that. "How thoughtful of you, Yuuki-chan. Thank you-nanodayo."

"I'll help you do the other household chores, too, so you won't stress yourself. And your baby." I looked at her hugely swollen belly, "Can I touch it?"

"Of course-nanodayo."

And so, I did.

"I hope you'll become healthy and strong...."

'... Shintaro's little sister.'

(Did you know that M.Shintaro has a little sister? Even Takao has one whom he adores so much. In fact, all of the 1st string members in Shutoku's basketball club has younger sibling/s and they are the oldest child of their family. Otsubo Taisuke has a middle schooler sister— Otsubo Tae. Kimura Shinsuke has a younger brother. While Miyaji Kiyoshi has a younger brother — Miyaji Yuya, of course. I laughed when I learned that they all have sibling.

Is it just a coincidence?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

♪ヽ(*´∀')ノ

—Author)