Chapter 12

Hoshino Yuuki's POV

"By the way, Yuu-chan. I've been meaning to ask these: why do you want to check the Shutoku's basketball club? And what's interesting about basketball?"

"Because once I'm a student there, I'll join that club as their manager," I answered her with a smile, "and I want to help the team to win."

I answered her second question. "For me, the most interesting things about basketball is when the game started, you'll wonder who's going to score first and who's going to win. But there are 3 important things: "Teamwork", "Having fun", and being "Fair" by following the rules of the game. Those are the things I want to see in basketball." I added, "In a team, when a player passed the ball to their teammate, supporting and saying through their heart that "I believe in you" or "I know you can do it". When the one who is entrusted the ball made a shoot but it didn't went into the basket, their teammates would look at them with comfort, not blaming their mistake and cheering them up with "It's okay" or "Don't worry". Whenever I saw that, I felt a wonderful feeling. And would continue to cheer them, whether they lose or win."

"H—m." Miyu-chan smiled widely at me, "Sounds interesting! I wanna see those too!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

'At last... We are here,' I smiled when I saw the familiar school building at the distance. "So this is Shutoku," mumbled Miyu-chan. 'I miss this school,' I pushed down the urge to cry. We saw the school guard near the main gate and talked to him to have a permission to enter in.

"Excuse me," I started. "Can we enter in and watch the practice of the basketball club?"

"Little fans of Shutoku's basketball club? Sure, kids."

"I am not a fan... yet," Miyu-chan whispered that only I can hear.

"I heard that they are going to have a practice match with another school. Don't make a mess and don't trouble them, all right?"

""Understood!""

The guard said, "Want me to lead you there? This school is quite big. You might get lost."

"Um, no need, but thanks for the kind offer. I know where it is," I told him.

"All right. Enjoy their practice match then."

""Hai!""

As walked with Miyu-chan to the Shutoku's gymnasium, she questioned me in curiosity, "Have you been here before?"

Nervously, I scratched my right cheek, "I... I think so?"

"How did you know where the basketball club then?"

"I...."

'I'm sorry Kami-sama! Just this once!'

"I searched it through the internet," I replied.

"Don't tell me you... memorized the map of this school!?"

"... S-Sort of."

"You know you don't have to go that far. I feel sorry about your brain," she said.

"Just in case for me not to get lost."

Suddenly, she had a playful grin plastered on her face as she looked at me. I blinked at her in confusion and laughed a little, "N-Nani?"

"Is that the reason why you were holding hands with Midorima-kun~? Kyun-kyun~♡"

We stopped walking as I froze from my spot. "I-I'm not the one who was holding his hand! He was the one who held my hand!"