Eight

Marigold's POV

"It's not okay, Harry. I'm not okay," I slammed my palms down on my kitchen island. It's been three days since the article was published and my life has turned completely upside down. 

Everyone is trying to figure out what was happening and as much as I want to just shout to the world that Harry is not the father of my child, Harry's team advised us not to say anything till they say so. It's so frustrating because not only am I included in this chaos, but now so is Daisy. I think the worst part of it is that we have no control over the situation. It's completely out of my hands.

Daisy and I haven't left the apartment since that day. Mya, Liza, Ashley and even Allie have been handling the shop for me. Even with some new hired help, it's been crazy. It is busier now more than ever. Everyone wants to know the tea on Harry and the mystery shop owner.

"You're making it sound like it's my fault! I didn't know people were taking pictures of us!" Harry shouted back, the vein in his neck protruding slightly. My nose flared as I tried to keep my cool. We've been arguing for the past half hour about this. He doesn't understand my side of this and maybe I am being a little irrational by going off on him, but I'm feeling completely hopeless in this right now.

"There's pictures of me and my daughter all over the internet!!" I hissed through my teeth.

"We'll get it sorted out! The articles are obviously a lie. Daisy isn't my child, why are you freaking out so much?" He looked at me bewildered.

"I just don't want my daughter's face everywhere!" I couldn't care less what the article said, I just didn't want to lose my privacy. 

"I know. And I'm sorry." Harry sighed, taking a deep breath. He rounded the corner of the island, grabbing my hand and turning me to face him. "I'm really sorry that this happened. I know you didn't want to be thrown into this, but what do you want me to do about it now? This is how it is for me, I'm in the spotlight every moment I step outside. I am sorry, Mari. I didn't want this to happen." Harry frowned.

"Okay." I took a deep breath. "You're right. I'm sorry..." I frown. I know it's not Harry's fault and as much as I want to be able to put the blame on him, that wouldn't be fair. "I'm sorry for blowing up on you... I don't know how you do it, Harry." 

Harry says nothing as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me tight against his chest.

"So what does your team want us to do?" I sigh, knowing I might not like the answer to my question.

"Take a look at this." Harry pulled out his phone and laid it in front of us on the island. He opened up twitter and swiped to the trending, Harry Styles being number one for obvious reasons.

"Look." He said, clicking on a thread of tweets. Some fans had connected me to some pictures that Anne had posted a long time ago. Seems like a lot of them figured out that I'm one of Harry's childhood friends.

Wait, is she the same girl from this picture??

Omg I think she's Harry's childhood friend 👀

I thought she looked familiar!!!

"I know this isn't ideal, Mari. Trust me I would much rather not have my business out there just as much as you." He turned his body towards me once again. "But this was bound to happen.. being photographed together I mean. We've been spending a lot of time together and you know what my life is." He stared at me, but I avoided his eye contact, my fingers twiddling with one another.

I know he was right, I knew it was bound to happen I just didn't think it would be this soon. I thought we would have more time to figure everything out between us before it was released to the public.