Thirty Eight

Marigold's POV

The sun was shining bright today. LA is not all glamorous like a lot of people assume. It's kinda dirty, kinda smelly, and very expensive. But if there's one thing that made me fall in love with LA, it's the weather.

Jacob thought today was the perfect day to go walking around the plaza. Apparently everyone else thought the same thing too. I felt somewhat uneasy walking around with so many people out. It's not like people would know who I am or anything but Daisy did just go on stage with Harry in front of thousands of people, not to mention all the videos and photos that spread on line. Everyone loved her. Everyone knows what she looks like now.

Jacob has yet to mention her going on stage with Harry. Either he really doesn't know about it yet or he's not making a big deal out of it.

"There! There he is!" Daisy lifted her arm up, pointing at Jacob who was closing the door of the Uber car he was in.

He spotted us fairly quickly, waving with a smile as he approached us. He bent down immediately and gave Daisy a big hug.

"Good morning!!" He smiled. "Woah! Look at this outfit!!" He held Daisy's hand above her head, allowing her to spin around in a circle. Daisy insisted on wearing the sweater that Jacob had bought her yesterday, wanting to send a picture of it to Harry and to show Jacob how much she loved it.

"Thanks for agreeing to hang out today." He looked up at me. I gave him small shrug.

"I had the day off. Figured I'd tag along." Tight lip smile.

We walked in step, Daisy in between us. She held Jacob's hand as we walked and I opted not to offer her my other hand, feeling as me and Jacob might look way too much like a couple. Daisy didn't seem to notice though, skipping along the sidewalk.

"Figured we'd go to one of those kids museums? Then just walk around, see what the day brings us." Jacob said. "Have you eaten yet?" He asked.

"Mommy said we eat with you." Daisy shook her head.

"Did she? Well, perfect. I haven't eaten yet either." He glanced around the strip, searching the shops for any breakfast food.

"There's a bagel place in the corner," I pointed at the small shop. "It's pretty good, think you'll like it." I offered. Jacob's eyes followed my fingers, settling on the secluded shop.

He nodded his head and we pivoted directions towards the shop. There was a group of girls standing outside of a coffee shop, their eyes landed on me and then down at Daisy. The way their eyes widened and mouth dropped slightly let me know that they're fans of Harry.
"Oh my gosh.." They whispered amongst themselves as we got closer.

I glanced at Jacob nervously, hoping he wouldn't notice the fan behavior of the girls. The one thing he was so angry about was how he saw Daisy all over the internet with Harry, so it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure he'd be upset about Daisy being recognized out in public now.

"Hi! I'm so sorry to bother you-" one of them stepped in front of us. "You're Marigold." She pointed at me. "You're Daisy." She smiled in disbelief. Busted.

"Hi.. yes." Nodded, offering her a smile.

"You were so cute up there on the stage." She smiled down at Daisy.

"Thank you!" Daisy grinned back at her, clearly loving that they recognized her. The group of girls started to huddle around us and I started to feel anxious.

"Could we get a picture-"

I bent down and picked up Daisy, holding her to my chest instinctively.

"Thank you girls.. you guys are so sweet, but we'd rather not take any photos at the moment. I'm sorry." I gave them a smile, trying my best not to come off as rude. "We gotta go, but it was nice meeting you!"