delicate flower

There's a six year age gap between Sasha and Niccolò, but nothing happens between them when they're underage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third pov.

The air was cold and wet, little droplets of water fell on her head, sending uncomfortable shivers running down the spine of the little four year old. She tried her best to keep up with her mother and father, but having short legs didn't help much. The pink princess dress on her body was heavy, and the itch grew in her head to just rip it off. But she knew she wasn't allowed, she'd be punished, bad.

Pairs of terrifying eyes watched down at her, judging how she looked. Some were staring out of pity while others were out of pure disgust. She didn't look the healthiest. Hell, she looked ill. She was way too small for a four year old. Her cheekbones sunk in, her rib bones shone trough the dress -even if it was made out of thick material- every bone on her body could be counted.
But people were terrified of her parents, they were high in line of the mafia world.

"Move it, stupid girl!" Her father snapped angrily, not having the patience to hold the doors open for his daughter. She whimpered, fastly entering the doors after them. The large room was filled with people, mostly adults. Women were wearing fancy, large dresses that took twice amount of the space. Men wore expensive, fitted black suits.
It was the annual Mafia ball. And little Sasha's first interaction with the real world.

Not even a second later she stood there alone, her so called parents had already disappeared in the sea of people. But Sasha was a big girl, she knew what to do in these kinds of situations.
1. Don't speak to anyone.
2. Don't look at anyone.
3. Don't touch anything.
And she knew better than breaking these simple rules. Maybe just maybe, If she was a good girl she wouldn't get hit today. But that was only a wish.

She moved her feet forward, slowly walking ahead to just look around. Don't look. She thought to herself, her eyes trained down on her poofy pink dress. She fisted the -ridiculously- big dress, feeling scared out of her mind. This was new for her. She had never been to an Mafia ball, either had she been outside.
Her parents kept saying 'it's the best for you' , but she never understood what they meant.

Finally making her way out of the sea of people, she found herself looking towards the glass back doors that lead to and beautiful garden. The door was already cracked open, so why not? She slid through the crack with ease, now standing outside in the chilly air.

She sat down on the terrance, letting her legs drop down, swinging them back and forth as she adoringly stared at the pretty flowers.
"Pretty" she whispered to herself, staring at the pink flowers. They even matched her dress. Maybe the only reason she now liked the heavy, poofy, big dress.

The time went by so fastly she didn't even realize. People laughing loudly caught her ears, turning her head towards the inside. Reluctantly, she stood up on her feet and decided it was for the best to go back. Before her parents punish her for being gone.

On the large stage inside the house stood a man and woman, drink glasses in their hands, the man holding a microphone.
"Welcome everyone to our annual ball! Enjoy yourselves, drink, eat and make many great deals!" He announced, raising his glass in the air. Everyone in the room followed his lead, raising their glasses in the air and cheering.

She found her parents by the side, talking to few men, laughing.
She didn't want to interrupt. Either way, they didn't want people to know their daughter. They felt ashamed to have a daughter like Sasha: small and fragile. But the inventation to the ball read that ALL three were invited. They couldn't go against it, and reluctantly brought her with them.