Mondays.

Rachel and I struggled getting up this morning, but we did it somehow.  Whoever told you that choosing morning classes for college since you've been doing it every year for twelve years was a good idea, they fucking lied. Mind you our first class isn't until 9, but that doesn't matter in the slightest. After we dragged ourselves up, got dressed, got coffee and into our first class we were still barely functioning. I don't know why she slept crappy, but I slept like shit because I had dreams about Jase. About the reality of my reaction and why I was so mad. I wasn't mad he cheated, I didn't really care that he was screwing Jess. I felt betrayed by her, but more than anything I was more disappointed on how much time I wasted with him. Stupid prick.
Rachel and I mumbled our displeasure at our professor as she told us we had a five page paper due by Friday on marketing, explaining how we expect to expand our "businesses" in the next five years. But I guess that's the way it goes when your major is business management.
Class went by really fast, and I had an hour before my next one. Rachel and I hauled ass to the parking lot and jumped in. We're doing our best not to clue the guys into what's going on. I don't really know why she wants it to be a secret so bad, but I'll indulge her. I just hope I'm not walking in to seeing Avery with someone else, because I may not love the guy but I'm certainly into him and I can't even fathom the thought without feeling sick to my stomach. When we pulled up to the small boutique, Rachel told me it was local, so here we go.
"Hey there Debrah, we have an hour til our next class, I'm taking this pretty girl right here to dads club Saturday and need something stunning for her"
The older lady, Debrah smiled at Rachel and motioned for us to look around while she ran into the back of the store. Rachel said she's looking out the newer stuff to see if anything stands out.
"So what color is your mask?" I look up from the rack I'm going through "it's black lace." I flipped my phone out and showed her the picture I had.
"Ooooh. That's pretty. Subtle but definitely sexy"
"I thought so. So I'm thinking I want something a different color than black obviously."
Rachel nodded thoughtfully as she raised a pink satin dress and cocked her head at it, glancing at me and then back at the dress, she squinted her eyes and the shook her head, sitting it back down. "Do we want like nudes or deep colors?"
"I'm thinking deep colors. Like blood red, dark purple, maybe a dark blue, forest green? I don't know. I feel like a light blue gown would work too, but I'm not sure. I'm undecided. I think I'll know when I see it." Rachel took off around the store looking, we found a couple of pretty ones, but we don't want dark, and we don't want princess puffy either, sleek, elegance is what we're going for and we have yet to find it.
"Any luck ladies?" Debrah called
"Not really" I said back.
"Well, I might have something. Come, come girls."
Rachel and I shared a look before walking to her. In her hands she a silk, shimmery red dress. It wasn't blood red more like Scarlett. It had a slit up to the thigh. Definitely gorgeous.
"Rachel, what do you think?" I asked her. She smiled at me "I think we need to see it. But I think silver heels would rock this. Maybe those straps ones you have?" I could definitely see that. Grabbing the hanger I walked into the dressing room. There was a zip on the side and the back was basically nonexistent. Oooooh. I can show off my tattoo. Here for it. After dinner zipped it in place o looked in the mirror. I looked sexy. The dress hung on me beautifully. Snug. It had spaghetti straps, and a good portion of cleavage showing. The thigh slit was my favorite but I'm a slut at heart, so that makes sense.
When I tuned sideways, I could tell the back looked good. This was definitely the one. I opened the door and stepped out. Rachel's jaw dropped, and Debrah smiled a smug smile. "Deb, did you make this?" The flush the crept up her neck sold her out completely. "You did! It's beautiful! Thank you!" I gave her my best smile. Rachel finally picked her jaw up off the floor, and started bouncing up and down. "Yes. Yes. This is the one. Holy shit." 
We were all smiles on our way back to campus. With roughly ten minutes to spare, we ran the dress to our room and then headed to our next class.
The day droned on and on, I hadn't talked to Avery all day, and Rachel hasn't heard from Landon either. I wonder what's going on, but this really might have something to do with the extra work and football practices. By about 5 with no messages from the boys Rachel and I decided to grab a bite from a restaurant before heading home. When we got back to our dorm, and opened the door Landon and Avery were sitting on our beds. Avery was reading something on my kindle and Landon had 'corrupt' in his hands. Rachel looked mortified and if I'm honest I was too. Even though they knew we were in the room they didn't say anything. I dropped my bag to the floor and climbed up beside Avery, peering over his shoulder, I saw him reading my news yes obsession. "Please tell me you didn't make me lose my page" I whisper to him. He shakes his head at me, but holds up his finger. Rolling my eyes I look at Rachel who is staring at Landon. Landon however looks deep in thought. "So this is where you got that idea from huh?" He asks her grinning. Rachel's cheeks turn crimson. Looking away now because I know that look on Landon's face and it promises sexy time. Rachel must notice it too, so I guess she will be staying with him tonight. It takes a matter of seconds before Rachel is basically stumbling out of the room. Throwing me an apologetic wave before she shuts the door.
Avery lets out a sigh. Sitting down the kindle. " you read interesting things, princess." I looked away biting my lip. Embarrassing. I nodded. "I know. That was is pretty tame actually." A shitty little smile spreads over his face. "Show me?" Fuck me. Okay. He wants to play. We will play. Pulling up the audible book for 'Games we play' I press play. "Prepare yourself. You're not ready. I wasn't ready." I grinned at him. He gave me quizzical look, I shrugged and we laid down listening to the book porn together.
Romance isn't dead after all.