𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞!

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶⠀⁷ ⁸ ³ ⁵ ⁶ ²⠀⁷ ²⠀¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷

Jaehyun twirls his Shiraz in a crystal clear wine glass, the red liquid staining the edges. He brings the glass to his lips, taking a delicate sip. He glances down at the grey bruises in the shape of fingers upon his wrist, the memories of earlier that morning throbbing behind his skull. He sighs softly, rubbing at the sore flesh gingerly.

Sicheng left an hour ago, Jaehyun felt bad for keeping him for so long when he was busy with his own job. He hates feeling like a burden, especially to Sicheng. He leans back into the soft couch, resting the back of his head on the top. He stares blankly at the ceiling, fingers tightening their hold around his wine glass.

Taeyong told him he'd be here around seven—he glances at the clock hanging on the wall. 6:53pm. He should be here soon. His heart thrums in excitement. He doesn't know exactly what he's going to do once Taeyong gets here, or what the older has planned. Maybe it will only be a talk about earlier? Jaehyun frowns. He doesn't really want to talk about what happened with Johnny. His brain is still a mess from the whole ordeal.

"Take...accountability..." he murmurs. He guesses that if Taeyong lead him on for a couple of years, started a sexual relationship with him, but continuously said he wasn't interested, it would fuck with Jaehyun's emotions too. He runs a hand through his brown locks. "I don't know what to do."

Three knocks on the door, the sound piercing Jaehyun's ears and interrupting his inner monologue. He swallows nervously, placing his nearly empty wine glass on the coffee table. He stands, rubbing at his sore wrists, before walking over to the door. He exhales deeply, then opens it.

Taeyong stands before him, as beautiful as ever. He's still in his work suit, pink hair gelled up off his forehead, white under shirt slightly crinkled. His cheeks are slightly red, pinked lips tugged into a small genuine smile as his autumn eyes fall upon Jaehyun standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Hyunnie," he greets softly, reaching out and gently taking Jaehyun's hand in his. "How are you?"

God. He only saw Taeyong this morning, and spoke to him on the phone earlier, but he really did miss his voice.

"I'm better now that you're here," Jaehyun says sheepishly. He steps aside, hand still in Taeyong's, letting the older male inside. "How was the rest of work?"

Taeyong hums, taking his hand out from Jaehyun's. "It was uneventful." He undoes his tie. "I mean, after you and Johnny left, anyway." His voice drops an octave at the mention of the taller male.

Jaehyun shuts the door, walking into the kitchen. "Ah...I'm sorry about this morning, Hyung." He says quietly. "I just...couldn't stay after what happened." He grabs out a wine glass. "Shiraz?"

"Sure," Taeyong answers, placing his shoes next to the door beside Jaehyun's. "...I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but—"

Jaehyun bites his lip. "Hyung, I don't want to talk about it. Or him."

Taeyong looks at him. "Jaehyun," he walks up to the taller in the kitchen, undoing his cuff on his left hand. He rolls it up, and shows a light grey bruise on his wrist. Jaehyun stares at it, eyes widening. "Johnny came into my office after you left. We had a fight. And he pinned me to the desk." He mutters sourly. "He hurt me. And kept bringing you up." He scowls. "What kind of relationship do you two have anyway?"

Jaehyun gingerly touches at Taeyong's wrist, gently taking his hand. "I'm sorry." He kisses the bruise, frowning. Taeyong's heart flutters at the simple yet sweet gesture. "I didn't think he'd go after you." He looks away, and Taeyong glares.