𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭!

║▌│█║▌│ █║▌│█│║▌║
¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶⠀⁷ ⁸ ³ ⁵ ⁶ ²⠀⁷ ²⠀¹ ³⠀⁴ ⁵ ⁶ ⁷

Jaehyun lays in bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. He's dressed in only his boxers, his blankets gathered around his ankles. He can't sleep, he feels too warm and he can't stop thinking. He glances at his large Pompompurin plushie that's sitting beside him on the bed, exhaling slowly.

Johnny had bought him that plushie last year when he went to Japan for work, and he rediscovered it in his wardrobe yesterday morning when looking for something. Johnny had told him Jaehyun looked like Pompompurin, especially this specific plushie. Jaehyun remembers laughing at it; the plushie has Pompompurin's head, then the body is like super jacked and muscled. Jaehyun forgot how much he loved that stupid plushie.

He closes his eyes and exhales deeply. Today was certainly...a day. He doesn't think he's ever stayed at work for as long as he did today—he didn't leave until about eight, still trying to get through on his never-ending workload. He thinks he was the last one in the office. His eyes feel as heavy as lead, and he just feels so insanely exhausted.

But worst of all, his heart hurts.

He replays his conversation—no, his fight—with Taeyong earlier today, over and over like a broken record, trying to figure out how everything went so wrong. Did he maybe say something to Taeyong after or during their office sex session to annoy or upset him? Did someone else say something to Taeyong? Was it Taeyong just simply being jealous, or did Jaehyun simply overreact?

Taeyong did tell him he was thinking too far into things and blowing things out of proportion, was he really the one at fault? Or was Taeyong the one out of line?

Right now, he's not so sure.

Jaehyun sighs loudly, reaching over to grab his laptop on his bedside table. He promised Johnny they would FaceTime; they've only been texting since Johnny left. He did say it would depend on how tired he is, and since he can't sleep he might as well call him. It's nearing midnight for Jaehyun, which means it would be around ten in the morning for Johnny all the way on the other side of the globe in Chicago.

He adjusts his position in his bed, sitting up and leaning his back against his headboard, while opening his MacBook and finding Johnny's contact. He sets the cold laptop on his lap, before clicking on the FaceTime option in Johnny's profile. It rings a few times, before Johnny's pixelated face comes into view on Jaehyun's laptop screen.

"Hey, I was waiting for your call." Johnny answers, the video call making his voice a little crackly. Jaehyun would be lying if he said he didn't miss Johnny's voice, or his stupidly handsome face as it slowly came into focus, the pixels smoothing out. Johnny peers down into his phone screen, his dark eyes widening comically. "Are you...naked?"

Jaehyun blushes, suddenly feeling self-conscious. He grabs the Pompompurin plushie and tugs it in front of him, shyly hiding his chest from the camera. Johnny chuckles, adjusting his camera so his face was half-hidden. Jaehyun looks down at his laptop screen, noting that Johnny was also topless; his prominent collarbones peeking into the frame of the camera.

"Oh, I haven't seen that plushie in a while." Johnny says with a laugh.

"I found him in my wardrobe yesterday, so he's chilling with me now." Jaehyun responds. "A-and for the record, I'm not naked. Not...not completely." He adds, cheeks and ears enflamed in red. "A-anyway, how is your mom? How's she handling everything?" Jaehyun changes the subject, lifting his laptop up and crossing his legs under him. He sets the MacBook upon a pillow in front of him, hugging his Pompompurin plushie tight to his chest.