17: fall on me

"THANKFULLY NO ONE

"THANKFULLY NO ONE...

caught this on tape. what in the world were you thinking?!", kaori lectured.

the parents of sukuna and suzuki were invited to talk with the teachers in separate rooms, as it turns out that inumaki's film did indeed come in handy.

sukuna didn't seem the least bit concerned, as he slouched in the chair that he was forced to sit on.

     "mah~ to be fair, your son was just defending one of my other students. so hitting her was—"

     "AND IT WAS A HER?! A GIRL?!", kaori gasped.

"jin, look at YOUR son! LOOK AT HIM!"

the pink-haired adult sweat-dropped, as he attempted to calm his wife down.

     "but they were being really mean to aoki-senpai. they purposely spilled water on her apron and made her pull all-nighters to work on the costumes by herself. plus, they even said that she slept with coach to get the manager position!", yūji chimed in.

     "aoki? you mean...they were bullying cute little chiyo?", kaori asked.

     yūji nodded, "yeah".

     glancing over at her grumpy son, kaori had instantly calmed down.

     "I see...", she muttered.

     "it's not my fault", sukuna grumbled, "getō-sensei said that I should value gender equality".

     getō, who was just minding his own business in the teachers' lounge, had choked on his coffee.

     "I didn't mean—never mind...", he sighed.

     "you didn't do anything wrong, sukuna", kaori said, flipping sides like a coin.

"I know. I'll face my puni—wait, what?"

even gojō was somewhat shocked at the woman's sudden change of heart.

"so, is there anything else that we need to discuss about, gojō-san?", kaori asked.

     "umm, not really...", gojō shrugged.

     "great! then let's head home".

     the woman then slid open the doors, revealing chiyo, who was anxiously waiting outside, as she felt that this was partially her fault.

     "chiyo! I was just about to look for yo—"

     "I-I'm so sorry mrs. itadori!! I-I didn't know that things would turn out like this. please don't blame sukuna! I'm really really sorry once again!", chiyo bowed, as she suddenly felt a gentle hand lift her head.