Ch. 3

Warning: few 4th wall breaks will occur :)
———
"Your soulmate will be the stranger you recognize."
— r.h. Sin

≡*.-・->

"Lia let's go!" Leaf happily drags her by the hand into the house after Ash unlocked the door. The house seemed pretty big by the fact that when you first step in, there's a grand entry with two stairs on both sides of the room, the middle leading into the living room.

"Wait Leaf, give me the bag," I ask, gesturing towards the bag clutched in her hands. Her face lights up as she quickly hands it over to me.

"What's that?" Ash asks as he pushes the front door to a close.

"Macarons!" I say, walking over to the dining table and placing the bag onto the glass surface. "These are for you guys,"

I hand them each a macaron and watch as both Ash and Lia's face brighten. Lia takes tiny nibbles of her macaron, but Ash devoured his in one single bite. My eyes widened slightly, taken aback since I really didn't notice how different the two of them were. I giggled a little watching the two of them eat, it was cute.

"I want one," Leaf tugs on my skirt.

"No. You ate three of them already on the way here," I denied her request.

While we were walking, I caught Leaf not-so-secretly devouring the macarons as if she was being slick. Leaf is probably the least slickest person I have ever encountered. She couldn't hide anything to save her life, even if she wanted to.

"Have some of mine," Lia says while she rips apart her, half bitten, macaron in half and offers it to Leaf.

"No no, it's okay!" I say quickly before Leaf can take the piece. "I'll give her mine,"

I reluctantly give Leaf my portion as she takes it, giving me a smug look. How much I wanted to slap that look out of her face would be equivalent to how much team rocket wanted to steal Pikachu in that one show- which is a lot.

"Where did you get this??" Ash licks his lips.

"Oh, I made these myself," I replied.

"Seriously? These taste really good, I feel like I can eat these forever and never get sick of them!" Ash says, reaching his hand into the bag for another one. He stops and turns his head towards me, as if asking for permission, to which I respond with a nod.

"Thank you!" I thanked him as I felt my face heating up. "I've always liked baking as a kid, I could make more things if you wanted to try-"

"Lia, are you done? Let's play!" Leaf exclaims, interrupting me. Lia looks at me and gives a small 'thank you' before walking upstairs with Leaf. I glance at Ash to see if he heard my earlier statement, but he was just munching on his macaron.

"I'll save one for Leaf," Ash mentions, rolling up the bag. "Do you want to put your bag down or..?"

Oh yeah, homework exists. I forgot.

I take my backpack off and set it down to the chair next to me before replying, "I have some homework to finish by this week,"

"Now that you mention it, what school do you go to?"