Ch.8

Dawn's POV (from last chapter)
———
Sunday: 12:29PM

"Wait, talk later, I can hear my mom walking upstairs." I whisper, holding the phone just inches away from my mouth, "I expect details of everything that happened on that play date. Wink. Wink."

I ended the call and, in a panic, I aimed for my bed and threw my phone. It didn't work since uhh, it hit the wall making a SMASH. It rebounded off the wall and landed on the mattress of my bed though. A few seconds later, she pokes her head into my room.

I sat in my chair with my left leg crossed over the other, a light smile appearing on my lips as she looked at me.

"Dawn?" she asks slowly. Her brow quirks up as she looked around my room, "What was that sound?"

I blink twice before coming up with the cleverest ways to answer her, "A bird. A bird..uh- it flew in through my window." I nod my head, pointing at the closed window beside me. "It's outside now," I added when I saw the 'i don't believe you' look on my mom's face.

"Hmm," she hums. "As long as you finish your work."

She gives me a smile and turns to leave the room, leaving me confused.
She's in a good mood

I got up from the position I was in, walking towards my bed where the phone softly landed. I observed the screen, cheering silently in my head when I realized there weren't any cracks, but one look at the wall and the huge dent that my throw left on it ended the celebration quick.

"Oh shit." I silently mutter to myself. I lean over my bed, outstretching my arm to feel the dent. I gulped.

Mom's definitely going to kill me.

I unlocked my phone, opened up Serena's contact again and remembered the whole talk about the guys from the other day. I laugh, taking a seat on the edge of my bed.

I haven't seen Serena so flustered since forever. Usually I was the friend that would be obsessing over guys, butterflies in my stomach whenever I talked to them– Serena wasn't like that. Sure, she'd go along with my long rants about love and boys, but it felt like she didn't believe that would happen to her. To be honest though, I guess all my relationships weren't really the best to go off of.

Serena was interested in a boy once before, around the time I first met her. He lived around her, she crushed on him. He talked to her, and her feelings got even stronger. He led her on, she was blinded from her ever-so-strong feelings. Took only a few times with me opening her eyes before she realized. She handled it pretty well, I would say, until she started tearing up one day and blamed it on Leaf. Maybe it partly was because of Leaf, but I pulled her into my arms, softly patting her back.

Ash seemed nice. The few seconds I talked with him, I could tell he was definitely charming.

I type to Serena, my smile growing even bigger: ILL BE THE BEST WINGWOMEN YOUVE EVER SEEN!!
—---
Studying's probably the most boring thing I've ever had to do; it's only bearable when Serena tutors me, but that barely even happens nowadays. Just saying though, I looked forward to studying just a bit when I go to the library, but that also doesn't happen as much anymore. My mom grew pretty concerned of me whenever I headed towards the library whenever I had time, it was to the point she thought I got sick or something.

I rest my chin on my hand, spinning my pen with the other. Finishing this chemistry project was on the top of the list that was titled 'priority', but as each minute went by, my procrastination just kept on growing.

I managed to kind of finish half of it by the time the hour hand hit six o'clock. Guess I work better under pressure.

Stretching my arms over my head, I stood up and headed to the stairs.