Ch 6

"It's always been yours, I cannot find another this heart will beat for."

— S.L. Gray

≡*.-・->

"Serena!"

I brought my attention away from the book in my hand, placed it back on the shelf I found it on and stared at the bluenette to the right of me.

"He's not here!" Dawn whisper-yells. She peeks through all the shelves and tiptoes to take a glimpse of the top one.

"Is he in the kids' section? That's where you found him last time,"

"I checked there too," Dawn says, turning to me. "Fact is, I checked everywhere,"

"I doubt it," I say in a playful tune, shrugging. The bluenette dramatically gasps before, playfully, giving a scoff

"You? You doubt me?!" Dawn points to herself. "I know this library so well, I could basically walk around blindfolded. No struggle AT ALL,"

I hold in a laugh while pointing toward the entryway of the library. There stood a mahogany-haired man on his phone, holding a drink from- what I assume- the poke cafe next door. The automatic glass doors closed behind him. I look back at Dawn, her eyes widened and her mouth agape.

"I never meant that he was inside the library," I mischievously winked. "Mahogany hair, black eyes to 'die for'? Looks like he's the guy you've been waiting for,"

Dawn's face remained unchanged as she looked back at me. "You should thank him and his handsome face that I'm not plotting your downfall for teasing me just now,"

I could barely back my laugh this time, finally letting a giggle escape from my lips, not even looking at Dawn's face knowing I'll laugh even harder. I grabbed Dawn by the hand, walked out of the bay we were in, and went toward the nonfiction section.

"Do you want Gary to see you in the adult section?" I gesture towards the sign on the side of the wooden shelf we were just next to. "He already saw you reading children's books, imagine the shock on his face if he found out you were reading something so clearly...different," I smiled, holding up a book that had a very very suggestive title and cover.

"Do you want to sabotage my chances of a very happy life?" Dawn whisper-yells, snatching the book from my hand and placing it on a nearby shelf.

We looked at the mahogany-haired boy from where we were as he took a sip from his drink and, finally, looked up from his phone.

"Do you wanna talk to him?" I gently nudged Dawn who was leaning against one of the shelves.

"Mhm," She nods. "WISH ME LUCK!"

A few people look back at us from their seats from the sudden yell. One person even gave us the dirtiest look I've ever seen, it could rival against Leaf's.

"I mean– wish me luck!" Dawn whispers.

I lightly push her back as she walks toward the guy. She almost reaches him until he suddenly brings the phone towards his ear, turning back and exiting the library doors. Dawn, confused, looks back at me, giving me a look that yells 'what the hell?'