Chapter 10: answers

2023 A/N:I'm so sorry if y'all are getting notifications for me in the process of updating these chapters

A/N: Ty for all the support, I really appreciate it!

Updated June 11th 2023

Also, wtf is wrong with my autocorrect. In my last chapter, it put "David" at one point instead of a word similar to favour. Tf? Anyways I changed it.
So, sorry about the typos with the names. I also found my friend's name randomly, which I always miss spell with a typo so that didn't surprise me autocorrect assumed it.

Mirio's pov:
Okay so I have been waiting here for like an hour now for mr.Aizawa to come pick me up and he hasn't shown up. If you didn't know, my best bud is in the hospital in a fight I didn't know about. I'm currently going to explode out of concern for what is happening to him and my drive is late. I decided to shoot him a text because he probably forgot.

"Hey I'm still waiting to go to the hospital by the way."

"Oh shit, sorry. Either me or mr.Yamada will be there in like 10 minutes."

Something probably came up, and that explains why he hasn't come here. I'm not allowed walking there because it would take me like 30 minutes to get there, and because it's during school hours so if anything happens there's less heroes.

I waited another 10 minutes and mr.Hizashi showed up.
"I was told what happened, hop in kiddo" He said. I smiled and got in his car. We drove to the hospital and once we got there we went in.
"Amajiki means a lot to you, doesn't he?" He asked.
"Yeah, he's been my friend since like 1st grade. Nejire is also my friend but he's been with me for the longest." I replied.
"I see. Well I am here to see someone else, so we're gonna split up for a bit." He said. Who could he be here for? I got to a room that somebody stopped me on front of.
"Hi, I'm nurse (name I can't come up with) I was called told if a kid that fits the description you gave came here, that you're looking for Amajiki?" She said. Mr.Aizawa lowkey took the time for that? I have to thank him for that later.
"Yes, actually I am." I replied.
"Okay, follow me sir!" She said. I followed the lady to a room. Room 272. She left to go do her job and I entered. I saw Tamaki on the bed still unconscious. There was another nurse in the room who looked in my direction.
"Oh, hello! Visiting hours haven't started yet but I was told you were both heroes in training so we decided to let you see eachother." She said.
"Thank you, has he woken up yet?" I asked.
"No, but he's supposed to in like 2 hours so you can stay here if you'd like." She replied. I took a chair and sat down. I went on my phone and messaged Nejire, because school hadn't started yet.
"I think he's doing okay, you don't need to worry anymore. :)"
"Thank god. And you for telling me."
It took me a moment to understand her message. I thought she put thank god as in she was relieved, but she actually thanked both god and me. I went on Snapchat to see how my friends at my old school were doing, which I didn't have much because I would always hang out with Tamaki, but I had a few.

Toga's pov:
We arrived at our class which I still don't like calling it that, and I plopped on my chair. Mr.AizaWa was typing something in his computer that was some kind of long paragraph. He was typing fast, so I assume he's sending a last minute email or something. I looked over at the two boys and Dabi was reading a book, and Tomura was just looking in his desk, probably for some kind of source of entertainment. I decided that I was going to be entertained I some way, so I walked up to Dabs.
"Dabs, can you read whatever you're reading out loud? I'm bored and I'll try to guess what it's about." I asked. He looked up at me and I pulled out a random chair and sat down.
"Umm sure" He said. He took a small breath in before starting to read. The story seemed kind of random but I tried to put down pieces together. At some points he would stop then continue reading as if he either couldn't read, which would be impossible in this case, or he had trouble reading the words. I didn't point it out because he probably knows and I was too concentrated trying to understand the concept. Then it got interesting.
"At that rate, Lev got mad and pulled out his pocket knife and shoved it into one of the lines on Anna's hand." He stopped for a second and showed me the line it was talking about. You know those random curvy line things more towards the palm of your hands? Those. If not, look at your hand and at them lines that go across. He continued to read the detail put into the book.
"Lev didn't understand English yet, so the words gushing out of Anna's mouth shouting "stop" and "you're going to send me to a hospital!" Sounded like gibberish to him. He kept carving the blade along the lines on her hand as he used the excuse of not knowing what she was saying to keep going, while the others got mad at him.-" Dabi cleared his throat as if he was going to yell or something then continued.
"-IF SHE WANTS ME TO STOP, SHE SHOULD BEG ME TO IN A LANGUAGE WE ALL KNOW!!" He somewhat shouted, in some psycho tone. He didn't yell, because then it would've caught attention, but he raised his voice a bit, and put his soul into that phrase. Even his face expression. He put his face back to normal and continued reading. I giggled at his effort and how he looked funny. After a few minutes, he slammed the book shut and looked at me.
"What's it about?" He asked, making sure I was listening to him read or else he probably wouldn't read to me ever again.
"A girl who moved fo Japan, stole Lev's friends or is trying to replaced Lev, Lev doesn't understand English so that's why he feels she's stealing them and he feels left out, so he's getting revenge and trying to sabotage her?" I asked/ stated. He slightly smiled.
"Just about it. Lev's dad is the guy who kept saying random stuff throughout the chapter that I never addressed. He's always implanted into his head, from his trauma. Stuff that Lev was taught at a young age always comes back." He said. I was invested in this story.
"When you're done with it, can I borrow it? Pleaaaase! I don't read often but if be willing to knowing that's the story! Wait how many pages?" I said. He skipped the pages to the end to check.
"323."
"Hmmm, might take me a while." I said.
"Once I'm down, I can read it to you. Not every break though, I don't want to spend too much time reading out loud. It's slower than in my head. Well, except for the words I stop at." He said.
"Do you have bad eyesight?" I asked.
"Not prescribed/diagnosed but Magne told me I sounded nearsighted." He said. We took a moment of just sitting there in silence, remembering what overhaul did to magne. Magne didn't deserve to die, Magne was part of this league.
"Is overhaul able to bring Magne back?" I asked. He looked at me sort of confused I brought that up.
"Toga, did we not tell you?" He said. I stared at him in confusion.
"No?..."
"Me, compress and Shiggy chased after his ambulance and took away his arms. Oh and burned him." He said. I looked at him shocked yet confused.
"What?! Why didn't you ask him about Magne?!" I asked.
"If Magne's body parts weren't on front of overhaul, he couldn't have done that. He can't make them appear out of thin air." He said. He sounded upset about the topic tho. He set the book down on his desk and we chatted for a minute. I paused looking at the window for a second.
"Hm? What you looking at?" He asked.
"Hawks is in the window looking at you and me." I said. He turned around quickly. Hawks smiled and waved. He turned back around.
"Are we going with them today?" He said, asking our teacher.
"If they come and get you anytime, unless it's a test or very important training, you go with 'em. I didn't decide that they did on that one." He replied. Dabi sighed. He looked at the one opening window and went to open it. He looked at hawks and just started to climb on it.
"Dabi what are you-"
He jumped off. Hawks looked surprised and flew after him. I was shocked, knowing he's afraid of heights, and the tired hero was too. He rushed over to look down and sighed. I went over to see what he sighed at, and they were safe. Hawks looked concerned and I could hear him asking stuff like
"Are you okay?"
"You're the one who told me to get used to heights."
"Yeah we'll I didn't mean jump out of a window!"
"You think that's dangerous?"
"Yes?!"
"Can we just get this over with?"
"*sigh* alright hold on tight." Hawks said, doing what looked like letting go of him. In reality, Dabi is holding onto his arms and legs legs are just flying free, but he's in a position where he won't be dangling. At that rate we left the window and Shigaraki looked like his computer in his head crashed.
"What the hell just happened?"
"You two might have to go with your heroes too, but they pop up on almost random occasions so who knows." Our teacher said. And at the doorway, stood Todoroki, looking confused as hell. We only noticed his presence now, because he has earbuds in. Usually with earbuds you don't talk over the music because it can either be disturbing or you can't hear yourself.
"Todoroki, don't repeat any stunts that were just preformed." Mr.AizaWa ordered. Todoroki just took his seat, wiping the surprised and shocked expression off his face. Soon, almost everybody was here and new guy Shinso was talking to me.
"Where's Dabi?"
"He jumped out of the window to go with hawks!" I said. I felt a few eyes look at me.
"What?"
"For our assigned heroes, that we for some reason have." I said. Shinso still looked confused but I reassured him Hawks caught him. When Shinso went to talk with Shigaraki, I picked up Dabi's book and started to read it from the beginning, keeping the bookmark in or he would yell at me. The bell rang and we started the dumb lesson. Thankfully, I saw Mirko appear. I made eye contact with her and smiled. I actually enjoy hanging out with her, she's another girl who likes me, which isn't common for me. I got up and walked towards her happily and we left UA. She took me to some random river and we sat on the low bridge hovering on top of it.
"What do you think this river has gone through?" She asked.
"People swimming in it and frogs laying their eggs. Also maybe a few people drowned or almost drowned." I said.
"Well, villains used to throw dead bodies in here, and try to litter. Such bad things happened to a small beautiful river. You'd think that it is just an average river, but it's been through more." She said. She turned to me and I looked at her.
"Like you guys. Everybody thinks that all of you became villains because why not. But I know some of you, most of you, have reasons. That's why I volunteered to be with you, Himiko Toga. You do not have to talk about your past if you do not want to, I just want you to be with someone who you can trust and you know that they understand." She said. I looked Mirko directly in the eyes and she did the same to me, but we didn't stare intimidatingly, I actually felt warm inside. I smiled at her with my fake smile to show that I was happy, but she didn't look happy.
"Toga. I was told that isn't your real smile. Why don't you do your real one?" She asked me, putting her hand on my shoulder for some act of comfort or something.
"Because it's creepy and makes me look like I'm up to no good." I said, quietly. She side-smiled at me.
"Well, if you do smile truly, I won't think that." She assured me. She got up and I got up too. We left that river and we kind of just hung out. I felt I could actually laugh without laughing in silence, like with the league. Most of the time I feel I'm being annoying, or as if they don't like me. They usually don't laugh when I say something funny, even if I'm laughing at it a bit. But, sometimes they do. That doesn't apply for Twice, Shigaraki and Dabi though. If they insult me it's in a friend way but Spinner for example is just a bully. It's mainly Twice that is nice which is why I get along with him a lot. Even tho Mirko is WAY older than me, she acted a bit like my older sister today. I felt that I could maintain a conversation with her that wasn't about roasting somebody or about doing anything illegal. It felt nice being able to walk around and speak to somebody without getting shot at by quirks of fire,ice,wind, speed, or voice. I arrived back at ua, feeling like it went by quicker compared to last time.
"Well, I'll be here some other day. Bye Toga!" Mirko said. I felt that I wanted to ✨ cherish ✨ the moment, so I hugged her. She looked a bit taken back, but patted me on the head. That's a start. I left and entered the building again.

Dabi's pov:
"What was that for?!" Hawks yelled,catching me in mid air.
"Hey, YOU'RE the one who told me to get used to heights, I'm scared of heights!" I yelled.
"I didn't mean to jump out of a window!" He shouted.
"Well what else was I supposed to do?" I asked.
"I was trying to be funny when I told you that, and hinting to you that I would be back often, duh!"
I sighed before speaking again.
"Let's just get this over with. This time, can I go in a position that isn't uncomfortable?" I asked.
"Sure, just grapple onto my arms and I'll lift you under my chest. Point your body as if you're a plane or doing the plank, but just hold onto my arms with yours." He said. I took a moment to picture whatever that was and I did it. It was like I had a roof on top of me and I was hanging on for my life, and it was like I was using him as a glider, but I wasn't as scared as last time. I was still nervous tho. We got a few looks from the people bellow and I ignored them because I didn't give one shit Then, we arrived at the random destination he took me to.
"The point of this is to take a villain around town and just to basically become friends with them. Show them the world is quite beautiful." He said,leaning against the edge of a building.
"The world might be beautiful," I said calmly. I paused and looked down at the road.
"But the people aren't." I finished my phrase with. Hawks was looking at me because that's what people do when someone is talking, and he looked at the road too.
"Who did something to you?" He asked. I turned my head towards him.
"What?" I asked.
"Did anyone do something to you that made you become a villain? Nobody becomes a villain for no reason, and don't think most of the heroes don't know that." He said. I stared at him and I looked to my side, thinking if I should even tell him anything. Which I wasn't planning on, so I stuck with that.
"How is that your business?" I asked, still not making eye contact with him because that would be awkward.
"I mean I almost rejected becoming a hero because of what I was sent to." He said. I looked at him.
"Oh really? What happened?" I asked. He looked at me and slightly smiled.
"How is that your business?" He asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and didn't say anything.
"I'm kidding!" He said, and laughed a bit. He took a deep breath and went serious mode.
"When I was in middle school, I was assigned to go to this training school thing where we could never go home, and the training was just pain that you had to get used to. I had a roommate, but..something ended up happening to him in the process." He said. I looked at him, wishing I could tell him.
"Who was that?" I asked, wondering if he still remembered my name.
"His name was Toya/Touya (idk anymore) Todoroki. I was his only friend there, actually." He said. He did that thing where when you're sad remembering things and you do that slight laugh remembering the memories.
"I remember him. He was a bit stubborn but deep inside he cared about the people he loved a lot. I don't know why Endeavor sent him to a school like that, but I'll never forget what he did. And if you're wondering, the high school I went to wasn't with that school. It was like a normal high school. I only needed 1 year of average high school to become a hero, instead of 4 years at ua so I took it." He said. Near the end he seemed to try to change the mood which it's now obvious he actually misses me.
I'm glad.