Chapter 18: Friendship

A/N: reading last chapter's title then seeing Shigaraki's lil panic attack made you think he was going into a coma, didn't it? Well surprise surprise.

I wanted to clarify something I should've at the start, in making Shoto 15, but he skipped a grade up since Endeavor probably forced him to study so he could skip to ua.

Aizawa's pov:
I shut the door to recovery girl's office, leaving Dabi in there to only be seen again in a month. It was quiet and I waited a second before walking away,so they could say their last goodbyes in their heads. Toga looked worried and Shigaraki looked sad or also worried, wether he'd like to admit it or not. I began walking and they followed behind me.
"Don't worry, Recovery girl's quirk has never kept anyone in a coma. Even if his scars can't be healed, once her quirk runs out, it'll stop working and he'll wake up." I assured them. I heard a 'Mhm' from behind. I took the two to the cafeteria and saw a few confused looks from people who noticed Dabi is gone. I asked Iida to follow those 2 back to class once the bells rings, since he's class rep and is always looking to do something. I made my way back to my classroom, having to give a few students a 'don't ask' look when they were about to approach the villains.

The bell rang, and a short minute after, everybody was back in class. I finished putting the papers I was grading away, and as I was anticipating, somebody's hand was raised.
"Yes, Kirishima?" I asked, knowing his question.
"I don't mean to be nosy, but where's Dabi?" He asked back. I took a breath finishing up in my head how is explain to them.
"Dabi, is in Recovery girl's office. She's working on healing his scars but we found some of his muscles in his body don't feel much to any pain at all, so she's healing that too. You all won't see him for around a month." I explained. Some seemed surprised and some confused. (She's not gonna preform surgery on Dabi let's just pretend it makes sense)
Yaoyorozu raised her hand and I just gestured for her to ask away.
"But why is he in there for a month without coming out?" Yaoyorozu asked.
"Well, you don't all get severely injured like Midoriya, so you might not all know how Recovery Girl's quirk works. Basically if she is healing a single broken bone you might feel tired during the process, and you have chances of falling asleep. That's because how her quirk works is that depending on what injury you have you will most likely pass out during the healing process. When Midoriya broke all the bones in his hand at the sports festival he fell in and out of consciousness for a few hours." I explained.
"Both my hands were practically shattered, and my legs were harmed so I slept like 12 hours in total." He confirmed.
"Exactly. So with the state Dabi's body is in, I don't even know how damaged his skin is, he's going to be in a coma like state for around a month." I finished. Todoroki raised his hand.
"Yes Todoroki?"
"Dabi's skin, well Touya's skin, started to bruise and turn a slight shade of purple when he was 8 if I remember it right. He got his quirk when he was 4. So if Dabi is going to become a hero using his fire, why heal his skin if it's going to hurt like hell burning it again?" Todoroki asked.
"Good question, well if we were to put stitches on him it would be more of a temporary fix he would have to change the strings often, since in fights it could burn off. But if we heal his scars and get him proper gear or certain material in his hero costume, we can prevent it from burning him as much. Like Bakugo's gauntlets, he can unleash more power without having to limit himself with those."
"I never have to limit myself!"
"Okay Bakugo. Now is that all for questions?"
"..."
"Okay, we're doing more training. Now Toga and Shigaraki you guys go quirkless and Shinso if you'd like to join with them you can." I declared. Everyone got up, grabbed their briefcases with their costumes inside; except the ones without a costume. And we went to the changing rooms.

My alarm went off after what felt like an eternity. My alarm is set for 10 minutes before the actual bell rings today, because it's training and I figured I won't keep them longer just because 10 minutes of training would be lost. We headed back inside the building and the students went to the dressing rooms except Toga and Shigaraki.
Toga seems worried about something and Shigaraki seemed to help her calm down.
I drove them back to the dorms and walked them in, then made sure Toga was ok before leaving.