18: sukuna no basuke

IT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT

     game for the jujutsu high basketball players. this was the game that determined who would take home the trophy and win the entire winter cup.

     chiyo and ozawa made extra sure to have everything prepared, as they arrived two hours early before their call time.

     "wow! look how huge the stadium is this time round", ozawa mused.

"there's a lot of good teams here. the most famous one is the vorpal swords, also known as the generation of miracles", tōji informed.

"I reckon that they'll be the ones we go up against for the winter cup", their coach predicted, as the team had taken a seat in the audience section.

     "woah, they're like a rainbow", yūji commented, as the generation of miracles had hair colors varying from red to purple.

     "holy shit they're tall!", mahito exclaimed.

     "it's like having a team of gojō and getō-senseis. are we sure that they're all in high school?!", yoshino choked.

"panda's tall, and so is tōdō-senpai", inumaki stated.

chiyo unconsciously gripped tightly onto the edge of her seat, as she desperately wanted her team to win.

however, the miracles were given their name for a reason. their speed and ability to shoot three-pointers without even breaking a sweat was insane. and not to mention that they were basically a whole foot taller than the majority of her team.

"he just copied his opponent's trick!", panda pointed at the blonde guy.

"number four sure has a presence on court. might even rival sukuna's", kenjaku noticed, as sukuna's gaze directed towards the red-haired boy.

"don't psyche yourselves out now. if we win, we win. if we don't, then we don't. believe in the time that you all spent practicing", tōji said, though he too was perhaps a bit concerned for his players.

the outcome was predictable. of course team vorpal swords won semi-finals. jujutsu high left the bleachers to go get ready and stretch, while the former team took a break.

"ah..."

"what?", tōji questioned, as everyone stared at yūji, who displayed a sorry expression.

"a-ano...I think I left my basketball shoes back at the hotel's lobby...", yūji admitted.

"h-hotel?! our hotel's like fifteen minutes away by bus!", okkotsu stated.

tōji glanced at his watch.

'thirty-three minutes before the game starts. there's no way that we can guarantee that a bus starts at this tim—'