Chapter 2: Prey Meets Predator

Another day starts and the sun rises over Queens. Peter gets startled over his wacky alarm clock and gets up from bed, thinking if it was already time to get a new one after all the hits it's taken. He then goes on to clean himself before putting on his clothes and getting his bag, containing the usual things he'd bring with him. After that's done, he proceeds to go down the stairs and meets Aunt May, who is currently watching the news.

"Morning Aunt May!" Peter greeted.

"Oh Peter! Come sit down for a bit, there is something they say on the news, and it's about Spider-man!" Aunt May suggests.

Peter shrugged—knowing very well that he himself is Spider-man—and sits beside her to watch the news.

"Breaking news, near the Baxter Building: Spider-man and the Human Torch, member of the Fantastic Four, briefly joined forces in taking down a masked flying gunman wearing a suit of armor that looks like a human beetle..." The news spoke further about the recent incident, showcasing most particularly about the web-slinging 'menace' partnering up with a founding member of the Fantastic Four.

'Whoa! The Fantastic Four?...! The—Fantastic Four!' Peter thought to himself in awe of that event.

"Oh my, Spider-man seems to have made a good friend in that battle," Aunt May points out, taking Peter aback in response.

"He sure did," Peter replied back before getting up from his seat to get a sandwich and chugs on a glass of milk before going to leave the house.

"Peter? Where are you going? There's no school today," Aunt May points out, wondering why Peter is going out on a weekend.

"Um! Daily Bugle for photos of Spider-man! Or um, just, taking a short stroll?" Peter nervously answered.

"Oh alright, but just try to come back by noon, or else your lunch won't be warm by the time you get back," Aunt May replied back with concern. "But in case of an unexpected event, text me."

"Thanks Aunt May, you're the best!" Peter replied back before dashing out of the house.

As Peter leaves the house, he immediately gets into a bus that drives all the way to the city, where he can visit his workplace: the Daily Bugle.

"What!? What do you mean you still haven't found out how?!" J. Jonah Jameson exclaimed in his usual aggravating and angry tone.

"Sir, I just said that it is quite difficult as to how that kid is able to take photos of the vigilante in action," says a man with a brown trimmed mullet, draped in a dark trench coat and sturdy shoes like some sort of investigator. "It will probably take more than just half a year to find out the kid's secret techniques in—"

"I don't care how long! Find the way fast, so that I don't have to rely on just that one freelancer! For all I know, the Daily Globe may have kept that kid as the rat under our noses!" Jameson supposes.

"Now now, settle down Jonah, the kid is trustworthy. I can feel it, so please stop this nonsense," Robertson assures.

"I'm sorry I'm late! Did I miss anything?"

Suddenly, at Jonah's doorstep, Peter arrives, just right after they were finished talking about him.

"Ah, our menace's favorite photographer," Jameson sarcastically remarked, pulling him close by his wrist to introduce him to someone. "Peter, I want ya to meet a friend of ours, Mr. Mac Gargan."

"Pleasure to meet you, um, how should I call you?" Gargan awkwardly asked with his hand out to him.

"Peter, sir! Peter Parker!" Peter replies and shakes his hand.