Season 4 Chapter 1: Another One

"Waaahooo!"

Spider-man, enjoying his long-awaited superheroic summer vacation,  swings by around Manhattan like a graceful bungee-jumping daredevil, free from academics and extra-curricular hassles. It's been three fun days since the graduation ceremony and summer vacation starts rolling in. Everyone's got different things to do for the summer that make crime-fighting a second priority. Everyone's busy except for one...

'Looks like I get to work solo this time around again while everyone's started their own plans. Hobie's out to make funds for his tuition working at his brother's shop and other jobs; Gwen's off to the ESU lab helping out the Connors; Kitty and Bobby are undergoing some "training regiment" under their grumpy instructor and guardian; while Liz says she's learning some management skills and experience around her place under her parents,' Spider-man thought to himself before landing on a pedestal to look over a wide area around the city. 'Well, not like I'm complaining about that. Can't help it, after all. Maybe I've just gotten lonely after fighting alongside them for a while...'

Coming around his field of vision, he watches the families and the children playing in a newly lawn-mown park before noticing a pair of children recklessly play with a kite, not knowing that they're about to cross the pedestrian lane on a busy road while the traffic lights are still on the green. Like acting upon muscle memory, Spider-man quickly swings down to swoop the two kids off their feet just seconds away from being rammed over by a truck before putting them down safely.

"Kids, remember to watch where you're playing, alright? Stay in the park, where it is safe, mind doing that for me?" Spider-man kindly requested.

"Yes, Mr. Spider-man," the two kids responded.

"Great! Well, see ya," Spider-man bids with a playful salute before swinging away.

"Bye Mr. Spider-man!" The children waved goodbye before being escorted by their parents.

"Way to go, Spidey!" One onlooker cheered, getting a salute back from the swinging Webslinger.

However, unbeknownst to the Webhead, standing in midair atop a glider...

"Hmph, you shall feel the power I've obtained, bug-eyed pest!"

'Sorry for not being able to go on patrol again today, Peter. Dr. Martha Connors called me to lend a hand around the lab, and I gotta admit, the experience of being an actual assistant is cool!' Gwen geeked out over the phone.

"Glad you enjoyed following your dad to work too! I also got much on my plate, other than patrolling around and getting scoops for the Bugle," Spider-man replied over the phone while sitting on the ledge of a rooftop.

'Mmmm yeah, I can 'sense' that,' Gwen playfully responded with a chuckle. 'Say, wanna try visiting and helping out the Connors at ESU some time?'

"A fine idea! I'll add that to my to-do list when I get ba–guhaugh!" Spider-man grunted, having air forced out of his lungs from a strong push against a wall and dropping his phone to the floor of the rooftop.

'Peter? Are you there? Peter!' Gwen hysterically called, not hearing his voice from his cell phone.

Out of nowhere, Spider-man's roughly pinned against the wall by a strange figure piloting a glider that's similar to the glider of the Green Goblin.

"Urgh, agh! No...way, N-Norman!? Is that...you!?" Spider-man screamed while choking from his neck being gripped hard and struggling to get free from the stranger's grasp.

His attacker dons a bright orange cloak along with orange greaves and gauntlets; wearing a blue armored suit with a utility belt while hiding his identity behind a monstrous mask that is almost like a steel-plated tiki mask, a tad scarier compared to the Green Goblin and Harry's New Goblin.