Season 4 Chapter 10: Discrimination

It was a draggy morning that day, not long after the time she recklessly bared her powers in its amateurish potential before a huge crowd of people. The moment the media quickly recognized and identified her, she was hunted by journalists and reporters all around Manhattan, possibly New York until they were barred from going any further thanks to her family's power and several other family friends lending their assistance. However, her harrowing days are now just beginning....

"Liz, are you really sure everything's gonna be okay? Now that all of New York saw your little spectacle last week, everyone's on edge around superhumans or mutants," Peter asked out of concern, talking with Liz and the gang in a group video call beside Hobie on his laptop.

"...To be honest, I'd be lying if I said that I'm fine. My folks already got lots of things to work on, and now after the ruckus I created, it dealt huge blows to some relationships and projects that the company invested so hard in. Just makes me wish I could, kinda take it all back, you know?" Liz admitted with an aching heart over her smartphone while lying in bed in her parka over green loungewear, still taking a short leave of absence from ESU and its dormitory to avoid further commotion during and after classes.

"Aw cheerup, Liz. Not everybody hates you. In fact, the guys we all know back there thought you were amazing! "Awe-mazing"!" Hobie assures.

"Yeah! I mean, Bobby and I've been through even far worse. We're with you, Liz!" Kitty adds, with Gwen nodding in agreement as he looks over her laptop screen.

"We really owe you, big time," Gwen added.

"No matter what you're made of, girlfriend. We're always on your side," Mary Jane assured, leaning beside Kitty.

"MJ, Petey...gee, thanks guys. It means a lot to me," Liz lightly sobbed before wiping her small tears with her parka's sleeve.

"Mija? Are you there?" Mrs. Allan knocked behind the door.

"Sorry to bail guys. Gotta go," Liz apologizes.

"It's cool, take care of yourself, Liz," Gwen bade.

"Be careful, and try not to get into any trouble, especially with all that's going on," Peter adds.

"Thanks, love you guys. Take care too," Liz bade in return before turning off her phone and getting off her bed to go to her mother by the door. "Yes, Ma?"

"Mija, there's someone that Papa wants you to meet. He's a family friend who's well-acquainted with us," Mrs. Allan replied, guiding Liz to the living room.

As they made their way to meet her father, she also noticed their guest being a young Latino man with nicely kept hair, wearing a casual polo shirt with joggers and sneakers. He seemed to be having fun chatting with her father until his eyes lingered and met hers, catching her off guard with his simply dashing appearance and his radiant smile.

"Ahah! Mija! Come sit with me!" Mr. Allan urged, tapping the seat beside him as he was about to introduce one of their family friends to Liz. "Liz, I would like you to meet Roberto, Roberto Da Costa."

'Waitaminute, Da Costa? Isn't that name on the hotel we went to for a reunion a long time ago?' Liz thought to herself.

"Uncle please, Berto is fine," Roberto kindly urged with a gentle smile on his dashing face.

'Holy smokes he's hot! Hotter than—  whoa way hey waitaminute, Liz. Don't think any of that, you're already taken by the best man in the world...!' Liz screamed and thought to herself internally before clearing throat and fixing her composure. "H-Hi, I'm Liz, nice to meet you too!"

"The pleasure's all mine! Initially, it was kinda hard to find the time as I was helping my family manage some of our assets and dealing with minor issues. But, here I am!" Roberto cheerfully assured.