Chapter 7: Prowling Around

"Petey!"

"Peter!"

It's in the middle of lunch, and the two agitated ladies Liz and Kitty  quickly interrogate Peter at his usual seat and table with concerned looks on their faces, annoyed by last weekend's recently strangest event, regarding an attractive masked seductress in fur tassels with platinum blonde hair...

"Who was that girl? Is she your friend or your enemy?" Liz demands, not forgetting that harrowingly one-sided catfight in her messed up bedroom, accompanied by a long night of lecturing from her astounded folks.

"She doesn't seem like the friendly girl to, well, us girls ya know. Know any reason why?" Kitty asks with concern, yet with a curious and jealous motive.

"Uhhh, I uhhh..." Peter was left to answer to two impatient girls before looking around for Bobby, who happens to have finished his lunch fast to avoid being accidentally caught in the crossfire.

With a hand sign, Bobby says that he is going to check on his locker, leaving him with the two agitated ladies and their bombardment of questions and concerns.

"Later bro," Bobby bade with a weak smile and peace finger sign before running away.

"Bro, c'mon!" Peter cried out before being cornered in his seat.

"Peter! Were you listening?!" Kitty demanded.

"Petey, please tell us," Liz asked, but in a softer and gentler tone this time, caressing his fist. "Just...be honest with me... help me understand the situation, 'kay?"

"...Agh, Liz...I'm sorry about what happened, but this does not seem like the 'perfect' place to talk about it," Peter nervously points out that they're currently still in school.

"...Wanna talk about it at the Silver Spoon then?" Liz smiled, eagerly waiting for his response.

"Good plan," Peter agrees with a smile.

"Maaaan, harsh back there. Sorry bro," Bobby apologizes to himself, getting an English and Geometry textbook out of his locker before noticing Hobie Brown looking through his locker with sadness and stress written all over his face with heavy-looking eye bags. "Hey Hobie bro! What's up?"

"Ogh!" Hobie backed away into a passive-aggressive fighting stance, spooked from the loud voice. "Ugh oh, it's just you Bobby. You spooked me."

"Hehe, I am pretty good at it," Bobby playfully replied before shutting his locker. "Bro, is something wrong? What's with you?"

"Oh, just nothin'," Hobie softly replied before getting his English and Geometry textbook and shutting his locker.

"...I just realized, you barely talk too much," Bobby bluntly replies.

"Oh yeah, and I take it that you on the other hand talk a lot," Hobie smirked sarcastically.

"Hey! I can be quiet at the right time," Bobby protested.

"Whatever man," Hobie chuckled and shrugged.

"Hey! Hobie!" Kenny called from afar with the rest of Midtown High's football varsity. "You comin' to practice later!?"

"..." Hobie shook his head with regret. "No can do. Folks back home are worried with some... stuff."

"C'mon, we'll hang around at the Spoon to talk about it after practice," Kenny suggests.

"Sorry man, I just... can't..." Hobie refused the offer as he walked away to head for their next class.

"Aw Hobie—"