Season 4 Chapter 2: Wipeout

After his many persistent attempts made on behalf of his employer, Norman Osborn, Dr. Miles Warren manages to lure in Morris Bench's cooperation and leads him to the address of his laboratory found in a rundown factory that's near the Big Man's headquarters...

'Hello? Uh, anybody there?' Morris wondered, spotted over a camera that's connected to Miles' monitor as he knocked on the door before getting startled by it being opened remotely and then entered the strange facility.

"Uggggh, it's so hot, I think even my powers can't take this heat much longer...!" Bobby groaned, lying on his recliner with his feet over his desk.

"C'mon Bobby, you can just relax easily if you just turn into ice," Kitty differed while typing her thoughts in her digital diary in her laptop, also sweating from the summer heat.

"Not if I keep sweating and turn into a melting human ice sculpture. You kiddin' me?!" Bobby barked back.

"Well if that's what's bothering you two, why don't you find a way to enjoy the summer heat in a more—I dunno... lively way?" Logan deadpanned while reading the newspaper and sipping on a bottle of root beer—since beer and booze are banned from their dormitory too—giving Bobby and Kitty a great idea to brighten up their vacation. "Hey Ice Cube, would you mind?" 

Logan hands Bobby one of his bottles of lukewarm root beer for him to breathe his icy breath into the bottle to instantly chill it before handing it back to Logan. 

"Thanks."

Putting their "awesome summer" plan into motion, Kitty quickly types on her laptop and tries to contact Sally Avril while on the other hand, Bobby dials on his cell phone and contacts Flash Thompson and Randy Robertson.

Meanwhile, in the Allans' residences, Peter decided to visit Liz unannounced, dropping by in his Spider-man suit and...

"How's your suit doing?" Spider-man asked while hanging upside-down and tinkering with his web shooter, regarding her suit after having seen her falling down into a dumpster in the recent Hobgoblin battle.

"Still stinky, might not go out fighting for a week. I can expect a few jokes in the headlines on me reeking like rotten eggs if I fight in my suit," Liz replied while lying on a hammock made of Spider-man's webs, still disgusted from her suit stinking badly that's been washed and dried up for almost three to five times. "Even my parents were wondering why I used my washing machine a lot lately."

"Heh, my boss advised me to try tomato juice. And honestly, it did not sound like a great prescription after trying it," Spider-man answered, remembering the silly times people pointed out his stench ranging from garbage to cologne and then to tomato paste.

"Yikes, now that stinks, literally," Liz irked, pun intended before noticing Peter's face change and drop into a frown. "...Petey...are you okay?"

"...Not really, to be honest...I wasn't able to help my partner. He's arrested because of my careless behaviour, leaving him alone with that guy..." Spider-man opens up, still bummed out from Ned's imprisonment and gently falls onto his feet before removing his mask. "And the look on Betty's face...it's just..."

"Awww...come here," Liz pats on the hammock on her left side, letting Peter sit beside her before leaning onto his shoulder. "Petey, remember there are unexpected things that happen beyond our control. We'll make things right eventually, hopefully, before time runs out. And you always have our back, as have yours, Petey."

"Yeah, thanks Liz. By the way, maybe you should take a break. You already got your hands full, and you wouldn't wanna smell bad in public, right?" Peter laughed and teased about her suit issue.