Chapter 7: Welcome to the School of Pig Diseases

The morning began in a state of chaos. Percy had come back from his jog to find Ginny at the bottom of the stairs, with Mrs. Weasley and Mrs. Black harmonizing in the background. Mrs. Black was going on about how we were the scum of the earth and didn't deserve to set foot in her house. Mrs. Weasley, on the other hand, was staring Fred and George down, berating them on almost "killing" their sister off. I'm pretty sure the words "incompetent fools" came up at some point of time.

Harry and Ron were still in their room, scrambling to pack up the last of their things before departing to the train station. Hermione was casting spells on all her items, ensuring that none of her books would go missing or awry and that she'd have plenty of new material to read up on during the train ride to Hogwarts.

Percy, having never unpacked anything after arriving just a couple days ago, had his bag and trunk (courtesy of Dumbledore) all set and ready to go. As a result, it took him 10 minutes to take a quick shower and bring his items back downstairs, before sitting at the dining table, enjoying an apple as everybody scrambled about around him.

While Mrs. Weasley hustled everyone along, making sure they got their things packed in time, Percy noticed a black dog rounding the corner. Grey eyes froze Percy mid-bite. He knew that look, knew it all too well. It was the look Chiron would give to him or any other camper when they left on a quest - the look that meant we dam well better come back alive.

Percy was shaken from his state when Hermione came down the stairs, grabbing something quick to eat before everyone was rounded towards King's Cross. While everyone else scrambled to make sure they had all their luggage and everyone was accounted for, Percy kept shifting his gaze across the area, checking for anything suspicious, trying to unravel anything that might be hidden in the shadows. He felt a chill crawl down his spine and looked around once more. Nothing. That seemed far scarier than some monster lurking around the corner.

Percy was relieved when they crossed through the portal in the pillar - or whatever it was that got them to platform 9 3/4. He was about to get on the train behind Harry when he felt a tug at his leg. He looked down and saw Sirius biting his pants, trying to hold him back for a moment.

"Go on ahead. I'll catch up with you." Harry glanced back for a moment, but left the odd teen alone. He didn't want to deal with Percy's mysteriousness more than needed.

Percy bent down to look Sirius in the eyes, ruffling his fur as though he was saying goodbye to his beloved pet instead of having a staredown with a fugitive. Sirius bent forward, into Percy for a moment, before pulling back and running to where Mrs. Weasley was saying her farewells. As he stood, Percy heard a ruffling in his pocket - so that's what Sirius was doing.

Before Percy could board the train, an arm reached out and stopped him. Out of instinct, he pulled his arm back, but relaxed a little when he saw who it was.

"Oh Percy! Please do be careful."

"I'll do my best, Mrs. Weasley."

"Molly - just call me Molly. Now listen here, Percy. If I hear one word about you skimping out on your meals, I'll come to Hogwarts and skin your hide myself. We clear?"

In that moment, Percy wished more than anything that he was back in New York, about to leave for some boarding school with his mom delivering the same message. He blinked once and replied, "Wouldn't dream of it." He started to turn to the train before pausing and adding on, "Thank you for everything these last few days. I really appreciate it." His mom would be so proud of his new manners.

Molly smiled, and Percy once again longed to be at home, to not have to worry about another war and just spend time laughing and smiling with his family, brainstorming weird baby names as he helped build the nursery. "You're welcome back anytime, dear. And I mean it. You better come back with Ronald and them during the holidays, understand?"