Author's Note

Hi all,

Not to state the obvious, but it's been a really long time since I last updated this story. In fact, it's been a hot sec since I've been on Wattpad in general. It took me a week just to regain access to this account because the old email I had linked no longer existed and it took a while to remember how I'd setup my account and what I was doing on here 6+ years ago.

I just re-read this story and spent a lot of time (an embarrassing amount of time really) reading through all the comments on each chapter. It's kind of insane looking back at what I'd written here because I started writing this when I was 15 (first chapter published 2014!) and here I am looking through it again 9 years later. I'd also like to be honest here for a moment - I was pretty depressed while I was in school. If you couldn't tell by some of the decisions to get rid of some characters and the methods in which it was done (sorry Annabeth), I used my writing and this story to channel a lot of negative energy / depressing thoughts I had into something semi-productive.

All to say, I'm in a much better space now and looking back at how I set up this story, I really can't imagine how I could have ended this story in a way that wasn't going to be at least a little depressing. As I've taken a bit of a trip down memory lane reading this story again, I've also decided to re-read the Percy Jackson series and Harry Potter is near the top of list of next series to read through. It's been so much fun to revisit this pocket of older interests and remember what I was like in my early high school days.

So fun that I've decided I can't just let this old story die. I was so determined to create an amazing fanfic when I started writing this story, and I'm going to try and do my younger self justice by finally finishing this story out. Unfortunately, I (for the life of me) cannot remember what I thought the ending of this story was going to be and how to continue the story on the very depressing note it's currently on.

So in order to actually do this, I'm going to be rewriting the first 8 chapters with some small plot changes to help inspire a happier ending. To be clear, the general premise and a lot of what's already written will likely stay the same, but there are some parts that are getting some major overhauls based on changes I need to make. I don't want to just get rid of the chapters already published and all the amazing comments + love they've gotten, so I'm going to add the re-released chapters as new chapters to this story. Apologies in advance if this becomes confusing, but I just can't delete my older writing and want to leave it as a comparison for anyone who's been reading this story since the start.

So this is what the book is going to look like:

Chapters 1-8: older story chapters will stay the same

This Author's Note (insert You are Here star)

Chapters 1-8 re-released with a fair amount of edits

Chapter 9+ (yes they're coming!!)

I know I've said I'd be "updating soon" tons of times in the past, but this time I've actually drafted the re-released chapters and what some of the new chapters would look like before publishing this so that I could actually carry through on the promise (drafting as in it's all started but not complete yet). In general, I want to start writing again and this is going to a great project to tap into my creative side more. I've got some fun ideas on other creative projects I want to work on as well so stay tuned.

Thank you so much for all your patience over the last 9+ years as I first wrote this, stepped away from it, and revisit it now. I'm sorry to anyone who was frustrated by the extremely long hiatus, but I'm back now and will hopefully not be dropping this story before it's completion again. I truly appreciate your support so much and look forward to seeing all your comments and feedback on these new chapters.

I'm going to kick this off with the first two chapters that are ready to go :)

Love, Yoshi2017 <3