Chapter 1: A Quest

Percy greeted the campers as he passed each one by. The war against Gaea had ended over two months ago, but everyone was still a little depressed over the deaths that occurred in order for us to win. Percy had been bottling all his emotions and putting on a facade to make it seem as though he was okay, even though he felt far from it--and Chiron knew it. But if it seemed like the Savior of Olympus wasn't okay, then everyone else would also think they wouldn't be able to jump back up from this war.

It was one of the only reasons Chiron had agreed to let Percy go on so many quests after the war was over. They weren't huge quests, and he usually went on them alone. If he didn't have a quest to go on, he made sure there was something to take up his time--sword practice, teaching other campers, visiting Camp Jupiter to help with repairs, checking up on reconstruction, updating his journal on which monsters had attacked most recently and where, etc. If he let his mind wander for even a moment, it'd start wandering back to Annabeth--who had died long before Gaea did--and all his other friends who had given up their lives for him. He would start thinking back to his time in Tarturus, wondering how Bob and Damasen are, and whether or not he could have saved them. He'd think about the final battle that ended the Second Titan War. He'd think about how he could have saved so many lives. And above all, he'd think of everyone who was dead, and the one undeserving person who was still alive. Him.

Percy headed to the Big House to introduce Rosaline, an 8 year old orphan demigod he had found in Tenessee on his way to Geogia, where he'd been sent to retrieve another demigod, Maxon, who was 10 and had a father who was very understanding about his son going to a summer camp to learn to defend himself. So far he suspected Rosaline was a daughter of Nemesis based on her sense of balance--or at least what she's told him regarding the subject, and Maxon was a son of Demeter--due to his love for nature.

He was exhausted from driving the entire way, but he refused to take a plane like Chiron suggested. Though he and Zeus may be on good terms (as in I'm-not-going-to-kill-you terms), Percy didn't want to push his luck. What was more exhausting than the drive was the time on the way there, when he was alone and could take that time to think. And think he did, though not about things he wanted to remember.

As soon as Percy was within ten feet of the Big House, he could hear screams coming from inside. What surprised him was that he recognized the voice that was screaming as his mother's voice, which was odd, because he'd only heard her scream or raise her voice on very rare occassions. He called Nyssa, a daughter of Hephaestus, and Will, a son of Apollo, over to give the two of them a tour of camp since Percy had already explained the whole one-of-your-parents-is-a-god thing to them.

Percy opened the door to the Big House and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. The scene he saw in front of him stunned him into silence. His mom was screaming at some old man with an insanely long beard and weird robes. Chiron was off to the side, looking as if he wanted to interfere but thought better not to. The old man interrupted every now and then, only to be cut off by Sally.

"I will not allow my son to go on this quest!"

"He is also a wizard--"

"But I don't want him to be one! I closed myself off from that world for a reason!"

"It should be his choice to--"

"He's still my son, and I refuse to let him be a part of another war!"

"I understand, Sally, but--"

"But nothing! I decided to quit it all the moment things got out of hand. I told James and Lily they ought to do the same, but they chose not to! And now they're dead!"

Percy could tell the argument would go on for a while if he didn't intervene, so he decided to interrupt and said, "Mom, calm down." I glanced at her stomach and she followed my gaze to her stomach, where she had finally started showing a few weeks ago. She took a few deep breaths and decided to take a seat, understanding that all the screaming and stress could potentially harm the baby.

Percy smiled slightly at Chiron before turning back to the old man. "Hi. I don't think we've been introduced yet."

There was a twinkle in the old man's eyes, yet a depth of wisdom--as if he'd seen a lot during his years of living. It was oddly similar to the look Chiron always had. "I'm Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwart's School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

Percy simply nodded and replied, "Percy Jackson." The wizard and witch stuff didn't shock him as much as it would have a few months ago. After the war with Gaea, Chiron had decided it'd be best if Percy knew all the different things that were out there. So, he had learned all about wizards and witches and how there were a few schools where they learned all sorts of spells to defend themselves and whatnot.

Albus nodded and studied the 17 year old boy in front of him. Although he put on a carefree stance, he could see the broken, troubled sorrow that swirled in his eyes. He had come to offer the boy something that could prevent that look from creeping into Harry's eyes if Percy accepted.

"I've come to offer you a quest."

-----

So this is a short first chapter intro to this story. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you like it so far or not. I know that there's not much to the story yet, but please let me know your thoughts so far.

Just so you guys are clear, this story comes in after the Second Titan War and after my other story Flipping the Hour Glass, even though that story isn't done yet.

Please comment and let me know what you think of the story so far. In the beginning, the chapters might be a little short, but I promise they'll get longer as the story develops more.

So vote.

Leave a comment.

And thanks a ton for giving my new crossover a chance.