Chapter 2: Percy's a Wizard?

His mother had sat quietly throughout the entire conversation. Albus had explained everything to Percy from Tom deciding he wanted more power to him killing Lily and James Potter to 'The Boy Who Lived' and the scar on his forehead. He explained the sorceror's stone and the chamber of secrets, as well as Harry's godfather, who's thought of as a bad guy, even though he's one of the good guys. Lastly, he explained the TriWizard Tournament and the Order of the Phoenix.

"It had been created when Voldemort had been running around the first time It disbanded when we thought Voldemort had died. But now that the evil team has been reformed, so has the Order of the Phoenix. I'd like you to become a member of the Order and protect Harry. Now that we know Voldemort's very much alive, I'd appreciate more protection around him."

Percy took a moment to process everything the old man-wizard had said. "But why me? You could just get more wizards to guard him. Why have me do it? I'm just a demigod. I can't exactly fight wizards when I can't even cast a spell."

Percy heard his mom hold back a sob, and he already understood the gist of why he had been chosen by piecing together the conversation his mom and Albus were having earlier and the way she didn't seem at all surprised there was a wizarding world.

"Let me guess. My mom's actually a wizard. Not just some random mortal who can see through the Mist."

Albus smiled slightly and said, "Yes."

"And so that means, that I'm also a wizard then?"

"Yes."

"Then how come I didn't find out til now? I should have gotten a letter when I was 11 like everyone else, shouldn't I have?"

Albus and my mom shared a look and finally my mom spoke up. "The letter arrived while you were away, still at school. I sent a letter back on your behalf and declined." I stared at her for a moment, not understanding why she would make a decision like that on my behalf. "Percy, you have to understand. There's great darkness surrounding the wizarding world because of my--because of Voldemort and his choices and decisions. I didn't want you to grow up in an environment filled with war and mayhem, though it ended up happening anyways. I just wanted to protect you."

"But that wasn't a decision for you to make. I should have decided if I wanted to be a part of that world or not."

"But you would have had to deal with the stress of the war in the wizarding world as well as the two wars you fought in. There are a lot of things you don't understand regarding the war and Tom, I mean Voldemort."

"Then make me understand. Why'd you leave? Why--"

"Please don't make me answer anymore questions regarding this subject. I'll tell you when the time's right, but for now, I need you to understand that these are dangerous people and you don't deserve to be a part of another war."

There was silence, until Chiron spoke up for the first time throughout the entire conversation. "Percy, you are in no way obligated to accept ths as another one of your quests since you haven't been a part of the wizarding world all your life. However, if you were to accept Albus' offer, it would count as a quest. You would receive only a little help from camp and you'd potentially be alone defending yourself as well as Mr. Potter."

Percy processed what Chiron said, but he turned away from him, looking at his mom. "You were a wizard?" A weak nod of the head. "I'm a wizard?" Another weak nod. "Does Paul know?"

"No. I didn't tell him, since I thought I left that world behind completely ages ago. If you accepted the quest, though, I'd tell him what I am and what that makes you."

"How long would this task take?"

"I'm not entirely sure. It could be one year or three years; Depends on how long it takes to find a way to finally defeat Voldemort."