Chapter 1 | Wangxian - Dragonji and Phoenixxian

Lan Zhan was the youngest member of the Lan dragon family.

He was distant and cold, lonely, but ever since he was a kid. He spoke little, never smiled. He was respectful and obedient. In the beginning, his icy nature was caused by the loss of his parents. After their deaths, Lan Zhan locked his heart more and more in a kind of ice dungeon to protect himself from the pain, he first felt after losing his mother. But the price of that was that Lan Zhan wouldn't let anyone close to his heart but his family: Lan Qiren and his only brother; Lan Xichen. They knew him very well and always supported him.

Lan Zhan could always count on his brother, so he never really sought the company of others. But in his heart, he sometimes longed for an understanding friend. But as time went on, that hope faded, and in the end, he was left without friends throughout his childhood.

But one day, everything changed when the teenage dragon met another very special young boy.

Wei Ying; the phoenix boy, like Lan Zhan, was also the youngest in his family.

He was barely a year younger than the dragon. His nature was not only childish, but also the opposite of Lan Zhan. The phoenix boy was lively, talkative, mischievous, energetic and impatient. His big mouth and his recklessness got him into trouble many times, but they could never overshadow his positive nature. Also, Wei Ying could always count on his sister and her protection; Wei Yanli always came to his rescue when he needed it.

Yanli also had a similar personality as her little brother. Although she was not disobedient, but when it came to her brother, even she was able to release her sharp claws.

They made many friends and often brought smiles to the faces of others with their eternal cheerfulness. But for those who tried to extinguish this fire within them, they all ended up burning to ashes instead. The phoenixes were as dangerous as they were kind and shiny.

And since opposites attract ( WangXian ) , it was inevitable that Fate would not cross the paths of the two young dragons and two phoenixes ....

.

.

One afternoon, Wei Ying and his sister were walking home when they ran into the Lan brothers in a park.

Lan Xichen was sitting on a bench reading when he noticed a beautiful phoenix girl walking by. The dragon boy was instantly stunned by the sound of the girl's soft giggles after her brother said something to her. Lan Xichen quickly greeted them as he got up from the bench and approached them.

After Xichen introduced himself to both of them, he turned around and introduced his brother Lan Zhan. The other dragon was standing at a nearby lake with his back to them.

Yanli and Xichen quickly struck up a conversation, as she noticed that Xichen was reading the same book that was her favourite

Yanli and Xichen quickly struck up a conversation, as she noticed that Xichen was reading the same book that was her favourite. While Yanli and Xichen sat down on the bench and continued their cheerful conversation, Wei Ying had long since walked towards the lake, where Lan Xichen's younger brother was standing.

Lan Zhan pushed the overhanging branches of the willow tree out of the way and stopped a few steps behind the dragon. After Wei Ying had greeted him in a friendly manner, Lan Zhan stared at the phoenix boy with a curious but cold gaze. Though his eyes did not show it, as soon as Lan Zhan caught a glimpse of Wei Ying's radiant smile, he felt his heart pounding, almost felt the phoenix's fire warming his chest.

 Though his eyes did not show it, as soon as Lan Zhan caught a glimpse of Wei Ying's radiant smile, he felt his heart pounding, almost felt the phoenix's fire warming his chest

--------

Lan Zhan was initially quite unfriendly towards him too. But he soon realized that his stern look at Wei Ying, unlike others, did not work at all. In fact, from the moment they first met, Wei Ying sought Lan Zhan's company almost constantly.

Wei Ying was with Lan Zhan almost every day. He was always talking to him with a beaming smile or simply walking beside the dragon boy.

Lan Zhan continued to try to push him away with both his cold nature and his gaze. But as time went on, Lan Zhan realized that the phoenix was like a diamond; he could do nothing to break the bond between them. This made him wonder if there might be a reason why the young phoenix boy was different from the others. He began to believe more and more that this was perhaps a sign of Fate, and that Wei Ying was perhaps his soulmate.

As the months went by, Lan Zhan slowly softened and for the first time after the death of his parents, he allowed a new person close to his own slowly healing, still wounded heart. Thereafter, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying initially formed a close, unbreakable friendship.

And this changed Lan Zhan. It was as if Wei Ying had given the dragon boy back the light that Lan Zhan had lost when his parents died. It seemed that finally, someone had been able to melt Lan Zhan's heart, which had always been cold.

Lan Zhan not only felt happy again, but he could no longer deny that in the phoenix he had indeed found his soulmate, that Wei Ying was truly his one and only true love. Although he was afraid to admit it for a long time, even to himself, because he knew that love sometimes comes with pain - "What if the phoenix has no feelings for me?" - Lan Zhan asked himself this question many times.

But after Lan Zhan finally agreed to talk to his brother about it, Xichen encouraged him to be honest with Wei Ying and not to fear rejection.

Since Xichen was in a relationship with Yanli, he, at Lan Zhan's request, was a bit mysterious in trying to find out what the phoenix girl thought about Lan Zhan's relationship with Wei Ying. But despite his best efforts, he was quickly discovered.

Yanli, however, was accepting and was happy to hear the news. She knew the younger dragon well and was reassured to know that he would not break her brother's heart.

After a while, Lan Qiren found out about it. But much to Lan Zhan's surprise, the elder dragon did not forbid it. But the danger of prohibition is not yet over for him, for there was still the father of the phoenix siblings; Wei Changze. What's even worse is that Wei Ying really rejects him or doesn't love him. And if that happens, Lan Zhan could lose not only Wei Ying, but also the phoenix's friendship.

But despite this, as the days went by after he talked to the others, Lan Zhan began to listen to his heart and not his negative thoughts. Lan Zhan believed his heart, which told him that the phoenix loved him as much as he loved the phoenix.

After a long time, when the dragon boy finally felt he could be happy again, Fate stepped in and destroyed his world in an instant.

It all started one night because of a dark force ....

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you liked it! 🧡✨ Please vote if you think it deserves a sequel. :)