Chapter 5 | Past and future

After what happened, the relationship between the Lan dragons and the Jiang family became quite cold. The two families avoided each other for years. But the relationship between the two families did not become half as bad, as the one between Lan Zhan and Jiang Cheng.

Ever since Lan Zhan had learned that Jiang Cheng had fallen in love with Wei Ying, he had seen the snake as nothing but his rival. He and Jiang Cheng kept their distance, only because they wanted to protect the safety and reputation of their own families from the fight between them. However, neither of them knew about the other, but both of them were equally, secretly and tirelessly, searching for phoenixes.

As time went on, the only positive change was that Lan Qiren managed to clear Lan Zhan of the terrible accusations that Jiang Cheng had made. But the whereabouts of phoenixes and demons remained unknown. No one had heard any news of either of them. They didn't even find a single trace. Sometimes Lan Zhan got a few rumors about them, but all of them quickly turned out to be either wrong or a fiction. Despite the rumours, Lan Zhan was not idle. He did his best to contact and talk to anyone who had even a small clue about Wei Ying or his whereabouts. But unfortunately, his tireless perseverance never yielded any results. The clues and information Lan Zhan found were either old or weak, and some were wrong. After each failure, Lan Zhan felt another cut in his heart, but he refused to give up hope. His heart kept telling him that no matter how hopeless the situation, he must not give up, but keep fighting, keep searching. He must remain patient, because if he didn't, he would lose all faith and hope in no time.

Lan Zhan didn't think Wei Ying might have decided to suddenly disappear, just as he didn't think Yanli or Xichen would have talked the phoenix into doing so. Especially if he didn't think his uncle had anything to do with it. That's why Ian Zhan's suspicions, along with Cheng and the demons, fell only on one other person, the phoenix father; Wei Changze.

"What if Wei Changze really didn't like me? What if he never wanted me to be with Wei Ying?" - these questions drilled deeper and deeper into his soul, then poisoned it.

.

Lan Zhan grew more and more angry in his heart towards the old phoenix, and in the years that have passed, that feeling has not been alleviated. He often thought that it was only Wei Changze didn't want him to be Wei Ying's partner, but someone else. That was why Lan Zhan hated the old phoenix, because Wei Changze didn't care about his own son's decision or happiness.

But whatever the reason, he wanted to know the real truth. He wanted to know if Wei Changze only hated him, then what was the reason. But it became just another mystery in his life, and a poison to his soul that he had to live with until Fate finally spared him.

Over the years, Lan Zhan has locked 4 people into the darker part of his heart, whom he saw almost as enemies: Jiang Cheng, Wen Xu and Chao, and Wei Changze.

.

.

.

.

10 years later ...

One day, Lan Qiren called Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan into his office. The two dragon brothers arrived together and entered the room and sat down in the chairs. Both of them noticed a white envelope with an unusual symbol on it, which was on Lan Qiren's desk.

"Uncle, who sent this letter? I've never seen the symbol on it before." inquired Xichen.

"Before I say anything else about this, I'd like to talk to you first about another matter, which is the day of 'The Silver Night' meeting. On this day the Ancients not only gather, but also remember those who died in a great war 500 years ago. The day, when Wen Ruohan turned against the other clans and created a dark force that claimed a lot of lives, ... including your parents'. ..." - meanwhile, he sighed sadly for the painful memory. - "But not only were they the only ones who failed in the fight against Wen Ruohan, but even from all clans, almost everyone. The demon lord's reign lasted only two days, but it was still enough to leave a terrible destruction in the world. Even though the survivors joined forces and fought as one, no one had a chance against Wen Ruhon and his demons. .. Just when we thought the world was about to fall into eternal darkness, something happened."