Chapter 17 | The Tragedy of the Phoenix {Part 2.}

After Wei Ying left his father's office, he headed towards his sister's room. He knocked, and when the door opened, he met Yanli's worried gaze.

"A'Ying ... Are you alright? Why were you crying? " - Yanli wiped the tear from his face. - "What did father tell you?" she asked worriedly.

But Wei Ying just hugged his sister without a word

"You scare me. What's wrong?"

"Yanli, ... I want to talk to you. .. Father told me what happened to mother long ago, .. and what's happening to me now."

Yanli let her brother go and they went into the room. They sat down on the bed, and Wei Ying told his sister everything their father had kept from both of them.

.

.

.

Wen Chao's words continued to swirl in Lan Zhan's mind. Over and over again, he wondered what the demon might have been referring to with what he had only told Lan Zhan before he was taken to prison. Lan Zhan decided that while Wei Ying was talking to his father, he would find out what he thought Wei Ying had been hiding from him for years.

Lan Zhan walked to the prison, where, fortunately for him, the guards let him in without any permission to talk to the demon. Wen Chao was chained to the wall in his cell, hanging above the floor. Lan Zhan stopped in front of the grids and waited for the demon to notice him. Hearing footsteps nearby, Wen Chao raised his head tired. He was not really surprised to see the dragon standing beyond the grids. In fact, Wen Chao had almost been waiting for this moment.

"What's the matter, dragon boy? Can't sleep because of your thoughts after what I told you? Or is it just the weight of your fear that won't let you?" asked Wen Chou.

"I want to know why you said that Wei Ying is a different kind of phoenix. I want to know how you understood that Wei Ying is not what he seems. ... Tell me what you really wanted to say."

"Instead of you being here and asking me about this, why don't you ask the phoenix yourself? ... And anyway, maybe you should be with him, don't you think? After all, it's all going to be over soon anyway, and you'll regret wasting your time on me now." said Wen Chao.

Lan Zhan looked questioningly at the demon. Wen Chao continued.

"But you know what, Lan Zhan? I'm willing to help you with that. What you are looking for will not come from me, but will be betrayed to you by the forest. During my little wanderings in the last days i found something interesting. Between my castle and this place there is a hidden little church. At least that's what I call it, hahahh. ..."

Then Wen Chao grinned with a distorted smile.

"Go there, little dragon boy, and you'll find everything you need to know."

Lan Zhan got tired of wasting his time on the demon and just walked away without a word. But before he stepped out of the gate, Wen Chao said one last thing to him.