What are these feelings?

*On the set of a new movie*
Friday, 1:12 a.m

Director: "That's a wrap for today, go home and get some rest and prepare for Mondays shoot"

Taraji
I noticed that Angela was the last one on set besides me, I decided to approach her "What are you still doing here?" Angela turned around, "Waiting on my driver, he's taking longer than usual.. I'll be fine you go ahead." With a glance I offered to take her home. I guess with Angela already being exhausted from all the acting and reshoots, she gratefully excepted the offer.

During the car ride to Angela's Los Angeles penthouse, we talked about everything together.. I then thought to myself that I hadn't had a time quite amazing as the one I'm was having with her in a while. I just shook the feeling off thinking maybe I'm just tired or the small cocktails we had on set were just staring to kick in. I never felt this way before about anyone, let alone a woman. The feeling was strange... Tingles were felt throughout my arms and legs. Angela soon noticed that I had been awfully quiet during the last 5 minutes of the car ride. At the next red light, she waved her hand in front of my face while saying, "Earth to Miss. Henson." Me being caught in a daze shockingly says "Sorry!" while letting off a small chuckle.

Pulling into Angela's driveway, We both waved goodbye to one another. I sat in Angela's driveway for an additional 10 minutes while my thoughts took over and started racing about what it was I felt. Thinking to myself , "What is this?" "I need rest" "I've never like this about or around Angela" "Why now?" . After so many thought wondering my mind, I decided to head home.

Angela
After I accepted Taraji's offer for a ride, everything went pretty smoothly until I started to notice she was being very weird. Kind of like she was stuck in a daze or stuck in her own mind. Once we got to the next red light, I waved my hand in her face "Earth to Miss.Henson" she reacted as if she had been caught doing something. We finished up our conversation until we arrived at my house. I waved goodbye thankful that I could now lay in my bed and have a good nights rest.

Morning time

Angela
I was fast asleep when I heard my phone ringing. As I reached to answer it I flinched while covering my eyes from the blinding sunlight beaming into the bedroom windows. Answering the phone with a sleepy groaning voice I said, "Hello?". Surprisingly it was Taraji inviting me out to brunch at 12 p.m also stating that if so, she would be on her way in 30 minutes to a hour. I accepted the invite and told her that I was going to hop in the shower to get ready.

Flashback to 8:00 am

Text messages from LaKeith:

LaKeith: Hey best, how are you?
Taraji: Hey baby, I'm good.. hbu?
LaKeith: I'm good but something told me to check on you, are you sure everything's ok?
Taraji: Last night something weird happened but I think I just had too many cocktails, nothing major.
LaKeith: Care to explain..?
Taraji: On my way driving Angela home from our shoot, I start to get this tingly feeling throughout my body. Kind of like butterflies. I don't know why being that me and Angela have been friends for a long time.. I've never felt like that around her before.
LaKeith: Wow. I wasn't expecting that lol. Maybe you're just now realizing you have feelings for her 🤷🏽‍♀️.
Taraji: I don't like girls though.. I don't think.
LaKeith: Lmao, you never know Raji.
Taraji: True. What do you think I should do?
Lakeith: Ask her out to brunch or dinner to see if you feel the same way you did last night. Can't hurt to try and figure out what it is you're feeling.
Taraji: I'll take her out for brunch and fill you in later on.
LaKeith: That sounds great! Have fun Lol
Taraji: 😅😘.
End of flashback

Taraji
I slipped on something casual but cute and headed to Angela's to take her out for brunch. I texted her as I entered the driveway stating that I was here. The reservations were set for 12:30 and it was 11:13, I was certain that we'll make it in time for our table. Angela hopped into the car and put her purse in the backseat, she gave me a grin and said, "What's with the surprise take out?" I laughed, "Oh nothing, just wanted to hang out." I figured that she knew something was up figuring we never went out alone. It was always Viola or Regina with us, sometimes both. But she let it go and just thought maybe I really did just want some quality time with her, which I did. How bad could it be after all?

When arrived to the restaurant just in time for the reservations, they sat us in the back segregated away from the public. We ordered drinks, I had a Lemon Drop on the rocks while Angela had straight Gin. After ordering the food, we had small talk and laughed about everything under the sun. We even reminisced back to when we first met each other and how great it was. Those memories brought back the same feeling to me that I felt last night. Stuck in my own mind and confusion, I continued with the brunch acting as normal as I possibly could. After 30 minutes of good conversations, we were ready for the bill and Angela suggested to go to the mall, I agreed asking myself  what could possibly go wrong? The same question Angela had when first entering the car.

Angela
Being noticed at the mall by our fans came with a lot of picture taking. It didn't bother me given the fact that we were already used to it. During the pictures I would give Taraji a tight side hug with a big smile and a squeeze. After leaving the mall and Taraji dropping me back at my place, I invited Taraji in for a few more drinks. We both had small talks and laugh attacks at all the memories we had together. For some reason, I guess Taraji felt she needed to tell me something, "Ang, don't freak out but the past 2 days.. i've been having the feeling of butterflies around you.." I stared in shock and laughed while responding, "Like a crush?!" as I chuckled lightly.. " I mean I don't know.. I guess " she said shrugging her shoulders. "Wow I am flattered but also in shock, I don't know how to feel. But I know it's not something I want to get in the way of our amazing friendship." "Same". Finishing off our drinks I realized she was too wasted to drive herself home so I told her to stay in the guest room for the night.

As I laid down in my bed, I sat there thinking more about what Taraji said. I started to ask myself , "Is that why she took me out to brunch?" "Is that why she was acting weird the other night?". I then laughed because I never seen herself to be with a woman.. Although I do think Taraji is very beautiful. My eyes soon began to weigh heavy and I dozed off to sleep.

———————————————————————
that's the end of this chapter.