Soulties

Angela
The morning after the family dinner, Taraji began to act really weird and like she was hiding something.

Every time I would ask what was wrong she would say "Nothing" or just disregard the topic all together. I wasn't sure on what was truly wrong and because of that I didn't know how to fix it

Taraji
When I woke up the following morning after our dinner, I had a bunch of text messages from my ex.

What in the hell could he possibly want? The messages consisted of him telling me how sorry he was about what he did to me.

I didn't know how to react. I did truly love him but I felt that I had found the love of my life at this point in time.

I blocked him after reading all of the messages because I didn't want to overthink anything. I wanted to be happy with Angela without the thought of him in the back of my mind.
—————————————————————————
3 hours later...
Taraji
I was getting ready to leave for a TPH meeting until a random number kept calling me. I finally answered after the 3rd call

"Hello?" and on the other line it was my ex.

I told him to stop calling my phone and leave me alone but then Angela walked in and asked who I was talking too. I didn't want to tell her because I didn't want her worrying about anything or getting sad.

Angela
I heard Taraji angrily hang up the phone with someone. I wondered if the person on the other line was why she was acting so weird. When I asked her who was on the phone she quickly just told me "Nobody, it was nothing".

She was definitely hiding something. I needed to know what and why? Why did she feel like she couldn't tell me.

I was beginning to worry and overthink a lot.

I called her phone carrier and asked for her phone records. I really just needed to know what she was hiding.
—————————————————————————

Taraji
On my way back to home, I stopped for Mexican Burritos. I felt that something was off because all while I was out, Angela didn't call or text not once. That wasn't normal for us.

Usually she would text and ask about my meetings or call to ask what I wanted for dinner but today I got, nothing.

When I made it home and opened the door, Angela was watching tv on the living room couch.

She didn't say a word to me.

"Why aren't you speaking babe, we haven't talked all day" lack of communication frustrated me and made my anxiety worse. "Why didn't you tell me you were having contact with your ex"

"Shit" I thought to myself. She found out and it's even worse because I didn't tell her. I had no idea on what to do or say

Angela
When Taraji came back home, I asked her about the situation with her ex and she acted as if she had been caught. "Why would you hide something like this from me? I thought we were better than that Raji" she was truly speechless.

From her reaction, you would think she cheated on me with him. I'm praying that's not the case. I hope it is just a simple situation that can be fixed with a talk and some understanding.

"How did you know he contacted me?" how was I suppose to tell her that I had went through her phone records. That would just seem creepy and make it look like I don't trust her.

Taraji
Angela finding out about my ex took me by surprise but how did she find out was the big question. "I got your phone records" I was in total disbelief. Why would she do something like that? She didn't even trust me.

"So you don't trust me?" I said to her because that's what I felt. I felt betrayed and hurt.

"I only didn't tell you about it because I wasn't worried about it. I blocked him after he texted me and told him to stop calling me this morning. I didn't want to tell you because it was irrelevant and didn't matter because I don't want him. I want you."

Angela
I felt really bad for going through Taraji's phone records. Her explaining her feelings to me made a lot more sense than what she was giving off. That's all I wanted, the truth. I didn't mean for it to hurt this bad for either one of us.

I know I had to make it up to Taraji some how. I definitely need to work on my trust issues because I'd hate for that to come in between our relationship.

Taraji
That whole night I barely talked to Angela. I get why she did it but I just couldn't wrap my finger around why she would do it unless she didn't trust me.

It was really frustrating because it would've been better if I was honest about the situation from the get go. My intentions were pure but the actions I did to cover my intentions were wrong.

I felt that I owed Angela something. I was still pretty upset but it was mainly my fault for her going through my phone records.
—————————————————————————

Angela
The next morning I woke up to the sound of kitchen pans and the smell of good food.

Taraji came into the room with an cheese omelette with onions, tomatoes, and spinach, bacon, and orange juice.

She told me everything that happened and showed me the messages. I felt horrible for not trusting her and I apologized a million times to prove it.
—————————————————————————