06 | Brother vs Sister

PRESENTI've been mindlessly scrolling through tik tok for about half an hour now

PRESENT
I've been mindlessly scrolling through tik tok for about half an hour now. My brother had invited me to a small gathering at his place, but I didn't know it was to watch the football until I arrived. So I've been sat in the kitchen while everyone was in the living room bored out of my mind. I haven't seen my brother for months because both of our jobs clash, and I was really excited to see him again, so you could imagine my disappointment when he turned the tv on.. I tried watching the football earlier, but the loud screaming and just the boring entertainment in general made me "go grab food from the kitchen".

I sighed, tapping my fingers on the kitchen counter while resting my head on my other hand, trying to think of something to occupy myself. Loud cheers were being heard from the living room. It almost reminded me of how people acted when playing beer pong. That's when a light bulb lit up in my head.

I got up from my chair and approached the living room, seeing my brother and his mates on the edge of the couch. I leaned on the couch behind my brother, "Andyyyy... I'm boreddd." I whined.

"Half time is almost over, Nora." He said, his eyes still on the TV and his knee was bouncing up and down.

I rolled my eyes, "exactly! Let's do something more fun." I paused to pretend to think, "what about beer pong?"

"We can have a quick game during half time." He said trying brush me off. I let out a loud groan and dramatically sat on the ground. I know I was acting like a total child, but that's how I have to act to get my way around my brother.

Yeah. I'm a bitch.

He looked behind him, probably hearing the loud thud and saw me pouting on the ground, "god, Nora.." He muttered under his breath and sighed. "Fine. But we're setting up near the tv so I can keep watching." I jumped up off the floor and cheered but was quickly interrupted, "BUT! If I win, you have to come to the next game with me."

"Come on bro, if you want to bet at least make it good. I'll just fall asleep on the couch again." I said rolling my eyes. He can be so stupid sometimes.

"Sis, did you not hear me?" He gave me a cocky smirk, "I said you have to come to the game with me. Meaning you physically need to be there at the stadium." My eyes widened.

"What!" I couldn't even sit through the first half, let alone a whole 90 minutes. If I go to the game, I won't even have a kitchen to escape to.. I groaned, "fine then! But if I win, you have to pay for my petrol for a entire week."

It was my brother's turn to widen his eyes, "what!? That's not a fair bet! How does spending a shit ton of money on fuel compare to 2 hours of sitting down and watching people kick a ball."

"God you even make it sound boring! And you know how much I hate football so 2 hours of torture is definitely the equivalent to a week of petrol." I crossed my arms challenging him. He stood there for a moment glaring at me until he finally gave in.

"Fine. It's on."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I closed one of my eyes to help better my aim while brother was staring me down trying to think of ways to distract me. We're currently neck and neck and I'm giving my all just so I don't have to go to that stupid football game. As I was about to shoot, Andy slammed his hand on the table causing myself to jump.

"I said no distraction!" I whined, going back to my original position. I took a deep breath and threw the ping pong ball. The ball flew across the table and landed right in the center cup. "YES!" I cheered as my brother groaned, picking the cup up and drank the beer in one gulp. He slammed the cup onto the table and rolled up his sleeves, preparing himself for his turn. I stared him down hoping it would distract him but he looked to be too focused on his target. He took the shot and it landed in the cup closest to me. Fuck.

"HA! Drink up!" He jumped back taunting me. I rolled my eyes before I took a gulp of the beer in the cup, grimacing at the taste. I never liked beer. Everyone told me the taste would eventually grow on me but it never did. I shook the gross taste away and went back in my zone. I could feel the alcohol begin to fuck with my brain but not enough for me to completely screw up.

My brother tried distracting me some more but I wasn't affected, instead I shot the ball right into another cup. He looked up with a scowl and I responded with an innocent smile.

The game went on and I was in the lead. I only had 5 cups left whilst my brother had 2. Everyone had seemed to notice mine and my brother's little rivalry and crowded around us. Most of his friend were stood by his side cheering him on while I had only 2 or 3 stood behind me. I looked back and noticed it was his friends that always try to flirt with me and I rolled my eyes again.

I've stuck with the habit of rolling my eyes ever since high school. I don't really remember how it started, I just remember I had a phase where you would always find me in a bad mood and I guess the eye rolling and sarcasm never died out..

I observed my brother as he tried to aim for the cup. He had a drop of sweat trailing down his forehead and his tongue poking out. I laughed at how serious he was taking this. He's not the best person when it comes to losing and he's probably the most competitive person I know. He would put in his all and go the extra mile to win something, even if it's for a simple bar of chocolate. He finally gets the ping pong in a cup after 3 misses in a row and everyone cheers. After my drink I threw the ball again only to see it bounce off the side of the table onto the ground. Then my brother went and he got my cups down to 3.

I took my go and I missed.

Then he got mine down to 2. I looked up in shock with how quick he made his comeback. But I was determined to get my free petrol. Even though I was beginning to feel the effects of the alcohol I took my time and managed to get the ball into another cup. Everyone cheered making me feel a little more triumphant as I took a deep breath in to calm my nerves.

"Hey sis!" My brother called out. He raised his eyebrows to get my attention and turns his head back while covering his eyes. I smirked at him. He's basically giving me a free advantage. He tries to aim as though he can actually see where it was going (I obviously rolled my eyes for that) and he threw the ball. My jaw fell open as I watched the ball fall into a cup. "Get in, lad!" He screamed throwing his fist in the air.

We both only had one cup left. I stared the cup down while taking a quick glance at Andreas. He seemed calm which was a complete contrast to my accelerating heart. This shot will get me free petrol for a week. This shot will give me bragging rights. This shot will get me out of sitting through 2 hours of boredom. I took a sharp breath in again before taking the shot.

Missed.

"Fuck!" Surely he'll miss, I thought. Maybe his fit of laughter he was currently in will distract him enough to fuck up like I did. "Ok we get it. It was one miss." He wiped away his tears, trying to calm down before picking the ball up from the floor.

"Watch how it's done, Nora." And without hesitation, he threw the ball directly towards me and it landed on the rim of the cup, circling around it before slowly losing its momentum, falling into the hole. "OHHHH!" Everyone was jumping, screaming and pushing Andreas around. I was in disbelief. He didn't even attempt to aim and he somehow had won. My brother slung his arms around me attempting to pull me into a tight hug. I tried pushing him away but his grip was too strong, causing me to groan.

"The game's on Saturday."

————————
I'm currently watching Chelsea vs Wolves and they didn't start Mount 🥲
But we're in the lead thanks to Lukaku ig
Still don't like him tho...
BUT that's the first chapter of the present time!!!
I'm so excited to write how Nora meets mount Kfbktgkb

OK SMALL UPDATE! CHELSEA DREW AGAINST WOLVES?! IM ABSOLUTELY FUMING RN THAT LAST MINUTE GOAL LEFT ME SPEECHLESS I—