23 | Fuck Mason Mount.

Oh my god what is happening?  I was left alone in the corridors unsure of what to feel. Should I feel angry? Sad? Relieved? It was all so overwhelming, this is what I wanted, wasn't it? I don't want to feel like my emotions are controlled by someone else so wouldn't it be better for him to reject me?

Oh my god why does it hurt so much? Why does it feel like everything in my body has washed out; like everything is empty. I could feel the tears begin to sting in the corner of my eyes causing me to panic, no I can't be crying. Why am I crying over a guy... I looked up trying to capture my tears as my lips quivered. I felt myself being on the verge of breaking down and I tried to steady my breathing to compose myself. But the panic was too much to handle and I began to hyperventilate. The air was leaving my lungs like I was running a marathon struggling to breath.

Oh my god why is this happening?

My tears were on the brink of falling.

Fuck, what if someone sees me like this, or better yet what if Mason comes out that door?! More panic arose from my body at the thought

Fuck, what if someone sees me like this, or better yet what if Mason comes out that door?! More panic arose from my body at the thought. If Mason saw me like this he'll see how much he's affected me. He'll see me as weak and pathetic...

I have to get out of here.

Without another thought, I ran out of the corridor to where everyone was gathered. I kept my head down not wanting anyone to get any ideas about the recent occurrences. I didn't want to start any rumours or drama, I just wanted to get out of here. Unfortunately having my head down made me unable to see where I was going and I accidentally ran into a few people. I gave them quick apologies without looking at their faces but one person stopped me just as I was about to run up the stairs to leave.

"Nora?" I heard Jesse's voice ask as she softly caught my arm to stop me. "What happened?" She asked sensing something was wrong and I mentally cursed at myself for getting caught. I looked up to face her, trying my hardest to keep my tears sucked in but her face immediately softened.

"I—" I choked on my own words, "uh—" I could feel a sob rising from my throat and I pressed my lips together to stop them from quivering, "I just need to go," ignoring my own voice cracking, I yanked my arm out of her grasp and rushed up the stairs to the outside venue.

I reached my hand out to call for a taxi which instantly came to the rescue. I cleared my throat before telling the driver the address to Willow's place.

—————WILLOW'S APARTMENT—————

Knock knock knock knock knock

I was banging on Willow's door desperate for her to answer. It was 11:56 she's surely still up probably on a Disney marathon right now.

I need to get out of these shoes, why are these shoes killing me?

And this dress oh my god I'm practically suffocating.