09 | Ok I'll let you guys "catch up"

As we both watched my brother stumble towards us, all I could think of doing was face palm. It was clear he was beyond drunk and I had to embrace myself for the sheer embarrassment he was about to bring me.

"Mate, that goal today was phenomenal. Really shows how top class you are." My brother greeted Mason with one of those bro handshake thingys and I furrowed my eyebrows, giving my brother a subtle glare. Why was he praising him like he just cured cancer? All he did was kick a ball into a big net and he gets that much worship?

I rolled my eyes, bracing myself for the incredibly cocky response Mason was about to give him, "yeah, thanks man. I really appreciate it." He looks down at the floor with a coy smile on his face. I wasn't expecting that response from him. God, if I had said that to him I wouldn't hear the end of it. Although the more I observed him, the more I noticed how different his body language was compared to when he was talking to me. He has a friendly smile plastered on his face and he looked a lot more relaxed for a random stranger to just come up to him and act like they've been best mates for years. He came across almost.. friendly.. and kind.

"Can I get a picture real quick?" My brother was swaying from side to side and I made a mental note to help him sober up later.. I didn't understand why Mason didn't look so irritated at this moment. If a drunk guy came up to me and started bothering me I'd at least ask them to kindly fuck off.

"Yeah of course." Mason got up from his chair to stand beside Andy.

"Great. Hey sis can you take the photo?" My brother handed me his phone and I lifted the camera up. As I was looking through the screen I noticed how awful my brother looked. One of his eyes were more closed than the other and he was displaying the most crooked smile I'd ever seen. The beads of sweat and dishevelled hair was no help to his disastrous appearance and no matter what angle I took this picture in, the outcome would never make him look anywhere near half decent. It was almost amusing seeing him like this and I would've laughed if I hadn't noticed the confused look I was getting from the face I hated the most.

"You're his sister?" He pointed at me like he's trying to put two and two together. I nodded my head wanting to brush off the subject and get this photo over and done with. I raised the camera up once again but was rudely interrupted, "I didn't know you had a brother?"

Before I could reply my brother said, "you guys know each other?" My arm began to ache from holding the camera up for so long, "you know Mason Mount? Is that why you asked for his name today?" I glanced over at Mason hoping he didn't pick up on what my brother had just said but judging by his face I think I know the answer... his face screamed Is that so?

I let out a heavy sigh, "he annoyed me back in high school but it was only for like a month. I thought he'd forgotten me by now." I crossed my arms and looked him up and down, "I certainly did."

I almost missed the flash of hurt in his eyes but thought it was just the alcohol playing trick on me as it went away in a millisecond, masking it with an amused smile. I waiting for a narcissistic reply back to my comment but was left with nothing. It started to piss me off with the act he's putting on so he doesn't come off as a dickhead to my brother.

"Why didn't you tell me you knew Mason Mount!"

"God, me and Mr. Douchebag over here aren't even close to being acquaintances. We just came across each other just now. Now can I just take the damn picture so we can move past this?" My cheeks began to redden as I noticed a few pairs of eyes— including some amused ones from Mr. Asshole over there—on mine and my brother's little scene and I cleared my throat, raising the phone up to take a picture.

click

"Mate can you tell Ka—."

"Andy, don't you have a chick to go flirt with or something-" I huffed.