11 | Text message from who?

I stared down at my phone with my brows furrowed and my lips slightly apart. I had to rub my eyes, blinked a few times and even quadruple checked to see if the text was real. To see if it was from him.

_____________________
From
* * * * * * * * * *

And me 😉😏

it's mason btw

mount

_____________________

It was definitely him or else why would he try and flirt with me. How did he even get my number? I don't recall giving my number to anybody last night and I sure as hell know that Mason and I never spoke about exchanging phone numbers at the bar last night.

_____________________
* * * * * * * * * *

How the fuck did you get my number?

So is that a yes?

I'll take that as a yes

Tell me how you got my number

Your brother gave it to me

_____________________

I grabbed the closest thing to me, which happened to be a banana, and threw it at my brother, hitting him square on the head.

"Ow!" My brother whined, quickly raising his hand to his head to soothe the pain even though there wasn't any pain for him to soothe

"Ow!" My brother whined, quickly raising his hand to his head to soothe the pain even though there wasn't any pain for him to soothe. He stared up at me in disbelief, his face saying 'what was that for?'.

I blatantly ignored his attempt to guilt me, "you gave my number to Mason Mount!?" I shouted at him, facing my phone towards him to show his doings.

His eyebrows furrowed for a moment, obviously not recalling such actions. "I did what now?" He took the phone from my grip to get a closer look. His eyebrows lifted up in surprise. My chest was heaving as I tried to calm myself down. After last night I thought it'd be the last time I'd ever see him again. One night of his presence almost drove me to madness and now he has the potential to accomplish his goals by having access to my number. "Actually now that I think about it, he asked for it when I was talking to him so I gave it. I thought you'd be happy. He is like.. super rich after all.."

"Me? Happy?" I scoffed, "god, he is the last person I'd ever want to talk to and he knows that, so he tries to make it his life long mission to annoy the hell out of me. And I don't care about his fame or his money, because underneath all of that, he's just an arrogant asshole just like every other footballer!" I was throwing my arms around getting too carried away with my rant.

ping

"What is he saying anyway? It surely can't be that bad." He rested his head on his hand that was sitting upright on the kitchen counter, unaffected by my rage.

_____________________
* * * * * * * * * *

The party is on at 9

I don't want to go to your stupid party

It's not my party it's my friend's

But come onnnn it's gonna be fun

There will be free booze

Anything you say won't convince me because
you will be there either way

Leave me alone

Ouch 😂

The invitation will still be there if you
change your mind x

_____________________

"He's asking me to this stupid party his friend's hosting" I rolled my eyes. Even if I deleted his contact he'd still have mine. There was no escaping it.

"Are you gonna go?" His whole body perked up at the thought of famous footballers being all in one place.

I rolled my eyes, "of course not. Why would I want to willingly go to a place with the knowledge of my worst enemy being close by." I looked down at my phone to check if he's messaged again.

Nothing.

Thank god..

"So avoid him. Nora, you've just been invited to go to a party that would be crowded with footballers— famous footballers. How can you say no to that!?"

"I don't think you understand how much Mason and I hate each other, Andy. He will make it his life long mission to torment me for the entire night. No "famous footballer" I could hook up with will stop him from that." I tried to convince my brother. I wasn't even sure why I was trying to in the first place. It was my decision and he had no say in it.

"You guys only met yesterday. You haven't even given him a chance." He shrugged, wondering why I was so stubborn in not going.

"I don't need to. As soon as he said those first few words to me I knew he hadn't changed. He's still the same annoying, cocky bastard he was a few years ago. I'm not dealing with that again." I sighed, leaning against the counter.

"Are you sure this isn't because of—"

"No, and we agreed to never speak of that again!"

"Shit yeah.. sorry." He quickly covered his mouth realising what he was about to say. He thankfully didn't finish his sentence but the damage was already done. The room filled with awkward tension as I faced away from Andy to shield my vulnerability.

He cleared his throat, "you should just go to the party anyway. Might ease up some of that tension you're getting from work." He took a sip of his coffee.

I stayed silent, contemplating his suggestion. Work has been driving me crazy lately because of my new manager but will a party really be enough for me to relax for a bit? Mr. I-think-the-world-revolves-around-me will be there.. but there is free booze..

Is it worth it?

—————————
Assignments are flooding in atm 😭
I try to write before I go to bed but I've recently been staying up for way too long trying to finish my assignments for me to have time to write. I usually just drop dead lmao but I will try to stay consistent
I have a lot planned for this book and im super excited to write it.
Btw this is another little filler chapter :)

Vote + comment 🤍