16 | Know Thy Enemy

The imagine of Mason and I's little incident has been glued to my mind for the past week, constantly looping over and over again. I couldn't get it out of my head. I've tried multiple methods to distract myself but nothing was working and it was driving me crazy.

I was mad. Mad that I didn't stop him and just stood there like a helpless bunny. Mad that I was so affected by his close proximity that I struggled to breathe out a single word, and especially mad that I actually considered kissing him. I've honestly never felt so nervous in my life. I'm usually confident and open with my opinions but when I was alone with him—

But above all else, I was mad at Mason. He knew what he was doing when he backed me up against that wall. He wanted to play me, toy with my feelings and try and find my weaknesses. He wanted to make me vulnerable and I hated it.

I hated him.

I never should have gone to that stupid football game with my brother or that stupid bar afterwards or that stupid party or take that stupid assistant job! My life would've been fine if I had never met him but now he has to annoy me for the rest of my life!

"Ugh!" I grabbed the nearest pillow screaming out all of my frustrations.

He's swirled all my feelings inside my head. He probably knows I'm in such turmoil right now and is laughing about it with his other dickhead friends. (Not Jorginho and Kai though they were really nice to me before..) God I hated him. I hated the sheer thought of him being around me, his voice, the thought of him playing me like that!

____________________
To
Boss

Do you have a job for me?

I need a distraction

Yup! I was just about
to ask you as well

I need you to help film
some stuff at the Chelsea
training grounds for our
social media

It's basically photographing
and filming while some
players get interviewed

____________________

My heart dropped at the offer. I wanted a distraction not a way to make this situation worse! There was no way I was going to interact or even look at that arrogant asshole ever again— but I couldn't just bail on my boss.. she'll probably think I'm beginning to slack off if I don't take the job.. I knew the risks of working with Trivago after I found out we were partnered with Chelsea and I have considered quitting at one point, but I've worked my ass off for this company and I wasn't going to let an arrogant boy scare me away from what I loved.

____________________
To
Boss

Who are the players?

Their names are Ben
Chilwell and Christian
Pulisic

____________________

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I read the names. Good, he won't be there.. Which means I can go. I mean— obviously Mason will be there but from what I remember, the place is huge and has many districts so there's a high chance I won't even see him.

____________________
To
Boss

Ok I'll take it

Great you need to be
there by 2. I'll send you
the key card to get in
and all the other details

____________________