Chapter 13: Before

Guys, I need your help! Please answer the questions at the bottom once you finished reading. I would really appreciate it. 😍😍😍

______________________________

Never let me go, never let me go

~ Never let me go, Florence and the machine
_______________________________

Before- 22 years old

"I can take you home," Trevor said  following her out the door.

"I called Alex."

Trevor looked at her with disappointment but his manly pride wouldn't let him voice it. "We could go back to bed. I don't mind driving you home tomorrow."

"I'm going back to the Hamptons tomorrow morning so I better get back."

"I don't mind waking up early. I could come with you and Alex. Alex, Jax and I have plans to meet up there anyway..."

"Trevor..." her silver- grey eyes stared straight through him like he wasn't even there."...lose my number."

"Why?" He uttered in shock,"I thought ... I thought..." Whatever he thought he wasn't able to voice it. He was just another number, his friends knew it and already teased him about it. Ava had a way of making guys fall in love with her but she never reciprocated those feelings. Trevor had done the same to so many girls before, could he blame her? She played the same game that he played.

"I was never serious about you."

At that, she left his house in her small black sleeveless dress, without a jacket covering those slender shoulders. Ava didn't mind the cold as she waited for Alex to show up on the side of the road.

Ten minutes later, his car parked up in front of her. Ava stood up tall hugging her arms. She opened the backseat door and entered.

Alex looked at her through the rearview mirror with questions in his eyes: What happened? Had Trevor done something to her that she didn't like?

Ava scoffed. His fake care sickened her to the core. She closed her eyes for the ten minutes car journey back to the house. He cares about you and you know it, a thought plagued her mind. Who else would allow her to treat them like a taxi service? Many guys would jump at the opportunity despite what she had just done to Trevor. But there was no one else that she trusted to pick her up and leave her alone without asking her questions like Alex.

It wasn't only now that he was too afraid to push her much further from him that Alex left her alone. He read her feelings like he was reading off a manual since they were children. It was her romantic feelings for him that he always got wrong. Alex had always been that boy who knew when to push her buttons and when to leave her alone.

Ava had made a show of her feelings to him. Why would someone who doesn't care be bothered by who she took to bed? Did she have a plan? Her attempts had been to show him that she could have a world without him. She had managed it ten times over. She was popular and everyone just about knew her, Ava couldn't understand why Alex would want this when with the world at her feet she had never been more empty.

She needed him.

She wanted him.

All she had ever wanted was him.