Word Of Advice

Xiao rescues Lumine.

Warnings (?): Fighting, injuries, tiny cursing
***************

Left strike.

Right strike.

Get hit.

Upper cut.

Left strike.

Get hit.

The final blow to the right.

Rinse and repeat.

The vishaps fell to their feet.

Whew, the blonde internally breathed a sigh of relief. She set her sword aside, squatting down to pick up the remains of those she killed. A few winces escaped her mouth, but her attention was on what was on the ground. These bones could come in handy, she made a mental note ot herself as she kept them in her backpack.

“Hmm...” The young blonde hummed to herself, examining the exotic bones the creatures had dropped. “Do you think this is edible?”

“Eh?!” The white fairy gave a look of shock, floating back to keep a slight difference from the traveller. “Where did you get that idea from?!”

“Honestly I am feeling kinda hungry now, so I guess that's where the idea came from.” The traveller shrugged and plopped herself down. A large quake trembled the earth, and the traveller kept her eyes peeled, scanning the surroundings. They should be fine right now, right? As far as she was aware, the wildlife around them didn't seem to mind the earthquake.

“Anyway, let's stop by and eat for a while—”

Paimon lowered her gaze and nervously laughed. “Um... About that, traveller—”

“What?”

“Look in your backpack.”

What's wrong with her backpack? Right now, as she was rummaging through her stuff, nothing seemed to be missing. The plants she had picked up on the way, checked. The remains of the mobs she killed, checked. The food she had packed—

Wait, it wasn't there at all!

Her widened eyes turned to a glare, looking towards the direction of Paimon. “Eep!” Paimon cried out when the traveller stood up, having a look that was ready to kill someone, her sword in hand.

“What the fuck did you do, Paimon?!”

“IwasfeelinghungrysoIatesomeofyourfoodandIdon'twannastarveand—”

“I thought I already prepared days worth of food!” Lumine looked disappointed, a sigh escaping her lips, the stopped herself and didn't say a thing. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened, yet no matter what she did Paimon would always finish the food.

Did this idiot not know anything about emergencies?

Oh yeah, cause she's the emergency food. There was no way she would know that.

“To be fair you eat more that I do so this should also apply to yourself about—”

That's when the traveller saw it, another one of those large vishaps from earlier, lunging towards the flying creature as she was rambling in panic. Her body acted on its own, lunging herself forward, striking the creature with her signature upper cut, which caught it off guard.

The rambling from the talkative one had stopped. The traveller's glare bore into the stone creature, the disappointment and rage from earlier carrying over.

Left strike.

Right strike.

Upper cut.

Each hit was fueled with the emotions she was feeling.