Curse These Feelings

Lumine takes Xiao on a date, confesses and receive their blessings from their families

Apart from fighting, the rest is mainly fluff so enjoy~
********************

“Hey, Xiao? When are you free?”

The blonde girl gave a curious look, her head on her chin, as she looked at the scenery in front of her.

The wind felt cool against his face. They were resting under a tree, just being done after their daily sparring sessions. He took note that Lumine was getting stronger from the way she was fighting, and she had learnt how to channel her anemo energy better.

“Why are you asking that?” Really, what was the use of that question? It wasn't like he was busy, but the job if an adeptus was sudden, the kind where you have to go to the scene immediately at any time to slaughter all evil.

“I want to take you out somewhere! Where? I won't tell~” A wide smile was visible on the traveller's face, and a giggle had escaped her mouth.

Xiao felt warmth on his cheeks, and he immediately looked down. Why were his cheeks getting warm all of a sudden? And why did he feel all giddy? This wasn't painful like the burden he had to go through, but it was still bad for him!

“... You mortals and your trivial matters.” A huff escaped his lips.

“Come on, please consider it? I'll make sure that you'll have the best time of your life!” She had giggled even more, but there was a look of confidence and excitement in his face.

He glanced at her and immediately looked down. “If you do so insist, I'll accompany you.” He still spoke in a calm demeanour, despite the inside of his body telling him the opposite.

He could feel her smile, brighter than the sun of a hot day in Liyue. “Yay!” He had heard her cheer. “Meet me at the balcony of Wangshu Inn tomorrow night! I'll promise that you'll have fun.”

He felt his heartbeat quicken, his position still unmoving.

Archons, she was gonna be the death of him.

*************************

“Oh, you're here!” The blonde called out in a cheerful tone. Her smile widened just at the sight of him being there. She did not look any different than she was before, and yet the way her golden eyes had shimmered in the night, the way that her blonde locks had danced to the wind.

Since when was he so focused towards her?

He cleared his throat out, mainly to set himself back on track, and then crossed his arms, looking back at the traveller.

“So, where is it that you want to take me?” He asked, his voice calm, despite dying on the inside.

Lumine smiled and walked closer to the balcony. “Come here,” She had said, and Xiao followed in her lead.

So... This is where she is taking him? At the balcony? Whatever, this was all very weird for him.

Except that, he didn't really mind it. Just this one exception though.

“Do you have your glider with you?”

Huh? What was there a need for a glider for? Regardless, he nodded anyways, since himself did have a glider.

Ah, he had a feeling on what Lumine was about to do now.

He didn't expect, however, for Lumine to suddenly grab his hand, and drag him off the balcony.

He opened his glider and held onto her hand tightly, in fear that she would fall, but she had already opened her glider.

Giggles had escaped her mouth when she started gliding down. “Did I scare you that much?” She had giggled even more. “You're holding onto my hand pretty tightly.”