If You Love Me Let Me Go

Modern Lumine gets isekai'd to the dream world where she met her past self and her past self's lover who couldn't seem to move on from past self's death.

TW: Suicide, slight gore, angst, character death and also a messy stream of consciousness
********************

“Beep beep be-beep, beep beep be-beep, beep beep be-beep, beep beep—”

A groan escaped from the pile of blankets that had an arm extended out. The arm made its way back into the blankets, and the blankets were seen shuffling, the fabric even more stacked towards one another.

There was a loud slam at the door, making the figure under the bed to groan louder. “Get up, Lumine! It's time to go to school!” The annoying loud voice of her brother echoed throughout the room. He made her way towards the bed, pulling the blankets away from the giant pile.

“Five more minutes, bro,” The girl, Lumine, replied in a tired voice. She pulled the blankets back to her with her eyes still closed, her mind still drowsy.

“Nuh uh. You're... going... to be late.” He kept pulling the blankets away from her, causing her to groan and continue pulling them back to her body.

“Five minutes.” Her voice was firm, pulling the blankets.

“No.” He replied back with more firmness, pulling them back.

“Five minutes.” Her voice was even more firm this time, pulling the blankets to her.

“No.” He replied with an even more firm voice, pulling the blankets to him.

This went on for about five minutes.

Lumine was about to have her victory, but then suddenly she felt very hot, the heat on her exposed skin expanded, and she immediately shot up, opening her eyes, being unable to sleep from the heat. She glanced up, noticing that the air conditioner in her room was off. Her eyes darted to her brother, and her gaze turned into a glare.

“The fuck you thinking, ruining my sleep schedule like that?!”

Her brother simply shrugged. “Would you prefer if I threw water on you instead? Icy, cold water?” After the question, he gave his little sister a smirk.

“I—” She opened her mouth to retort, then shaking her head and closing it back. “You know what? Fuck you.” She got out of the bed and drowsily made her way to the closet. “Now get out of my room.”

“How about no—” He cut himself off while laughing loudly, being unable to continue. Lumine looked at him in disbelief.

“If we're late for school, you're paying.”

“Technically it's your fault for not waking up.”

“I'm up now, so if we're still late it's gonna be because of your antics.”

He laughed even more at that. “Right. I'll leave you alone now, princess.”

She was about to go off at him, but before she could, the door was already shut.

She sighed to herself, then went to get ready for school.

***************************

“A middle-aged man, about 45 years old, has been pronounced dead by Hospital Bubu this early morning. According to the hospital, he was involved in the accident last night in Qingce Street and was alive from the accident. His injuries weren't that serious, but the strange thing was that he was in a coma. The next morning, when the doctors found him, he was already dead. This has been the 68th known case of a weird accident like this. Now, we would like to invite...”