Stay By My Side

A stream of consciousness of a fic of Xiao and Lumine wandering and finding each other at the end.

Not much warnings here just some injuries and implied fighting
***************

Abyss Herald, someone even more annoying than abyss mages.

Sure, there weren't any shields to be destroyed, but the frustrating part was that she couldn't summon any of her wind energy.

Even if she could, it took a long time.

So what is there left for her to do?

Brute force her way through it.

With a battle cry, she lunged at the tall figure closer, fighting with all her might.

But then, all of a sudden, she could feel the familiar feeling of her brother, her eyes widening and she stopped in her tracks. She was close to dropping her sword, her gaze on whom she was fighting earlier.

And indeed, it was her brother, standing right in front of her, golden eyes, long blonde hair being tied into a braid, the same battle outfit he used to wear before. There was no mistaking it. The only difference was that he was holding a different sword, one with blue and purple aura, just like the strange spells she had seen on the fireplaces.

“Big brother!” She called out, rushing towards him. “Big brother!” Her eyes were filled with determination yet sadness. “Big brother!” Her voice cracked, each cry becoming more desperate.

She was so close, so close. But then, he transported himself through a portal. As she reached her hand inside it, he was already gone, had disappeared just under her reach.

She fell on her knees, dropping her sword, staring right in front of her where the portal once was. Her eyes in shock, her mouth panting, she couldn't believe that the person earlier was actually her brother. What was he doing in the abyss? Why is he even in the abyss?

Why... Were they even fighting like this?

She didn't understand, she really didn't understand.

And the look from her brother, he looked so cold, glaring at her like he had never known her, the distance between them furthering apart. It was like they had never met, and they had never spent those years growing up together, training together, travelling together, being there for each other.

Big brother... At the thought, the walls around her throat tightened.

“Lumine!” Paimon had called out to her, floating straight to her side. “Are you okay? You look really out of it. Also, what was with the abyss herald? He didn't do anything to you, did he?”

The blonde just shook her head, not meeting anyone's gaze. “I'm fine.” She croaked out, using her sword as a support to help her stand up.

The girl had walked out of the ruin, going to the opposite direction of where the other had went. Paimon followed the traveller.

“Hey Paimon?” Lumine called out suddenly.

“What is it, traveller?”

“Can you leave me alone until I call for you? I need some time on my own.”

Paimon looked hesitant for a second, but then she complied.

“Hm, alright then. But you better not get into trouble!”

With that, her floating companion had disappeared into thin air.

The frustration, confusion, sadness, anger came rushing towards her all at once, especially after the harsh truth was that her very own brother, had turned against her, and had completely forgotten about her.