Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

"It's probably just your imagination. Don't think too much about it" he said. I let out a hum and nod my head. True... I did saw a ghost. It's probably just the same one. But the stare I felt doesn't feel like a ghost. It felt like a human. But who?

-A Visitor-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm currently on another tutoring session for Miles. Today he choose the subject of biology. "Hey, Miles" I said. He turns his head to look at me. "Hm?" He said. "Do you wanna do a little experiment?" I said.

"Sure... that sounds like fun" he said. I smile and nod my head. "Alright... come on" I said. I stand up and starts waking. I can hear Miles's footsteps following close behind me.

"Where are we going though?" He asked. I turn to look at him. "The green house... I want you to try and dissect the flowers. I have a couple of ingredient in my luggage. They'll help us understand what the flowers contains. Speaking of which. I need to grab them. Go ahead to the green house and wait for me there" I said. He nods his head. He heads off while I make my way to my room.

I head to the green house after I have everything I need. Miles is sitting on the bench, waiting for me. He turns his head to look at me as he notices me. I smile at him and walk towards the desk.

I set everything on the table. "Come on... pick one flower" I said. He nods his head and take a flower. I pluck up a few petals and I place it inside a mortar. I start to gently squash it. I turn to look at Miles as he watch my movement.

"You try it..." I said. He looks at me with uncertainty. I shake my head and let out a giggle. "Come on..." I said. I place it in his hand. He starts to squash the petals. But he's doing it stiffly.

"Oh, relax a little. You look stiff as a board. Just do it gently, Miles. Like this..." I said. I place my hand on top of his. I gently guide him. He slowly start to squash it. He turns his head to look at me. I stare back at him.

Miles P.O.V

I can feel my heart beating faster at the closeness. I can feel the warmth that's radiating from her body. Then the feeling of her soft hand on top of mine, is the feeling I want to keep forever.

I turn my head to look at her. She turns her head to look back at me. I stare into her eyes. They are in a beautiful shade of e/c. She's truly beautiful.

I really want her to know how I feel about her. But would it be too soon? No... it's not. I've known her since our school. If I keep thinking like this, then no time is the a perfect time. So it's now or never.

I open my mouth to tell her about my feelings. But a voice breaks our moment. I let out a sigh and turn my head to the voice. I let out a sigh when I realize it's just Mike. He's my friend from school.

"Mike..." I said. He grins and walks towards us. "I just came to visit you. Do you miss me, cuz?" He said. He turns his head and notice Y/N. "Oh wow. Who's this beautiful girl?" He said. Y/N just smiles at him.

"My name's Y/N. It's nice to meet you" she said. I can feel a small smile appear on my face at her soft voice. But it soon replaced by a frown when I realize she's directing that voice to someone else.

Mike grins and walks towards her. He lift his hand for a hand shake. Y/N place his hand on top of his. "I'm Mike... it's nice to meet you, beautiful" Mike said. He lift her hand and place a gentle kiss on the back of her hand.

I can feel jealousy building up in my chest. Even if Mike's my cousin. I won't go easy on him if he dares to make a move on the girl I love. Y/N is mine. She belongs to me. She's no one else's but me.

"Why are you here anyway? You're not just here to visit, yes?" I said. He let Y/N's hand go, which makes me smile secretly. He turns to look at me. "I wanna hang out with you. Come... it's been a while since we play music together, yes?" He said. "I'm in a middle of a lesson here..." I said.

"Lesson? What lesson? You're home not at school" he said. "Well... I got dropped out. Y/N here is my teacher" I said. His eyes widened as he turns to look at Y/N.

"A teacher. At your age?? Wow... you must be very smart then. Do you mind helping me with some of my assignments?" He said. I grit my teeth in anger. Y/N smiles at him. "Sure... do you have your books with you?" She asked. My heart drop at what she just said. She agreed to teach him.

"Yes... let's start now. Shall we?" he said. They are about to walk away. "Actually... let's go play some music. Come on..." I said. I wrap my arms around his shoulder and pulls him with me.

"Wait... can Y/N come too? We can show her our musical skills. What do you say, Y/N?" He said. I can feel my eyebrow twitching at what he said. Y/N just smiles at him. "I'd love to watch..." she said. "Great! Let's go..." he said, grabbing her hand. It should be me, holding her hand.

Okay, calm down Miles... just relax. You don't want them to suspect anything. I let out a sigh as they walk away. I ruffle my hair out of frustration and follow them.

***

We are in my room. I play the guitar while Mike plays the drum. We start to play a song that we used to play when we were younger. Y/N is sitting on the bed, listening to us.

The song soon comes to an end. Y/N starts to clap her hand happily. I smile softly at her excitement. God... she's adorable.

"Can you play any instrument, Y/N?" Mike asked. "I play the violin..." she said. "Really? Can you okay for us?" He asked. "I don't have it..." she said. "Miles do! Hold on..." he said. He walk towards my wardrobe and grab my violin. He walks back towards her and place it in front of her.

"Is it okay?" She said, turning to look at me. I smile and nod my head. "Go ahead" I said. She gently unzip the case and take it out. She starts to tune it a little and start to play a soft tune.

(A theme from the anime Princess Half-Demon or Hanyou No Yashahime. It's my fav theme. Just focus on the violin)

I stare in amazement as she continue to play. I can see sadness in her eyes as she plays the melody.

She eventually stops playing. She looks down with her hair covering her eyes. But I can see something streaming down her cheeks. I stand up and walk towards her. I gently move the hair out of her face.

"Why are you crying?" I asked. She gently wipe her cheeks. "It was the song my mom used to play for me when I was a kid" she said, smiling sadly at me. I nod my head, understanding her pain.

I gently wrap my arms around her. She leans her head against my chest. I gently caress her hair, trying to comfort her the best I can. The feeling of holding her close... will be something I will cherish for as long as I live. I wish I can hold her forever, because I love her so much.

*to be continued*