Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

This wouldn't have happened if I could just come clear with myself. Come on, Y/N... just decide! Do you love Miles back or not! You have to decide! You have to stop hurting his feelings!

-New Feelings-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm standing by the telephone. I need to talk to Ruby and ask for her opinion. Things like this sometimes happens to me. Each time I feel confused or troubled about something, I would ask Ruby's opinion. She always know what to say.

"Hello?" I heard her voice. "Y/N... hey! I thought you won't call again" she said. I let out a scoff at what she said. "Oh, Ruby. You know that won't happen, right? You're my best friend" I said. I can hear a soft laugh from her side.

"I know~ I'm just messing with you. So what's up? Anything new?" she said. I bit my lips, leaning my back against the wall next to the telephone. "There's one actually..." I said, in a soft voice.

"What is it?" She said. "Do you remember when you told me why he got dropped out of school?" I asked. "Yeah. Why? Did you find out about it? Is it true??" She said, in an excited tone.

"It's true... he's actually standing up for a girl. A girl he likes" I said. "Really?! Who!! Did you find out about that too?!" She said, eagerly. "Me..." I said, in a soft voice.

"What??? You!!!! He likes you?! Did he said that to you? Did he confessed?! Wait... are you two dating?" She said, starting to throw questions at me. I let out a sigh. "Ruby!" I said. "Right... sorry" she said. "It's fine..." I said, in a soft voice. "You sound sad, Y/N... did something happened?" She said.

"It's about Miles..." I said. "Miles? What about him?" She said. I let out a sigh and lean my head back. "The thing is..." I said. "Yes?" She said. She stays silent as she waits for me to say something.

"Since the first day I found out that I'm the girl who got him into trouble that day. He asked me to give him a chance to prove himself that he truly loves me. And he's actually true to his words, Ruby. He have been trying everything he could to prove to me that he loves me..." I said.

"And?" She said. "I don't know... I don't know how I feel for him" I said. "Why? You don't like him?" She said. "I do! I do like him!" I said. "Then?? What seem to be the problem here?" She said.

"I just... I don't know if it's love, or is it just a simple adoration for him. I don't wanna hurt his feelings. But yesterday he asked me if he made any progress, and because of my stupid self... I can't give him an answer. I can tell that my reaction hurts him. I feel so bad, Ruby. I don't know what to do..." I said. She stays silent for a bit. I thought the call ended.

"Why don't you try to kiss him?" She said. My eyes widened at what she said. "What the- Ruby?!" I said. "Think about it! Maybe if you kiss him. You'll feel something" she said. "Actually... I've kissed him..." I said.

"So???? Did you feel something?" She said. "It was only once... and it's only a soft peck. I don't know..." I said. "Kiss him again! Longer this time" she said. I let out a groan.

"Are you serious??" I said. "Yes! I'm serious. Just do it... maybe you don't feel a thing before but it could change now" she said. I let out a sigh and bang my head against the wall.

"Fine..." I said. "Great! Tell me how it goes. I have to go now, Y/N. I have this long ass assignment to do. You're so lucky that you have already graduated. But ugh! I wish you're here! I could really use your help" she said.

I let out a laugh at her comment. "Alright... good luck with that then, Ruby..." I said. "Bye! Love you, bestie!" She said. "I love you too..." I said. Then the line went dead.

"So you love someone else?" Someone said. I jump at the sudden voice and turn my head to see Miles. He have a hurt expression. "Miles... that was-" I tried to say. He shakes his head, making me stop talking.

"Don't bother trying to explain, Y/N. You could have just said that you've been with someone. Instead of letting me express my love for you! I wouldn't have tried anything... if only I'd known. Who would love someone like me anyway..." he said, with a sarcastic smile. He shakes his head. He turns around and walks away.

"Miles! Miles... wait! It's not-" I said. He didn't listen and just keeps walking. I can see something flowing down his cheeks. I let out a sigh and slid down by the wall. Why does it have to be so confusing?

***

I walk down the corridor. I can see a shadow walking not far from where I'm walking. The shadow turns around and enters Miles room. I bit my lips out of nervousness. I slowly make my way to his room.

I gently push the door open. Miles is sitting down on his bed. He turns to look at me. "What are you doing here?" He asked. I can hear annoyance in his voice. I bit my lips and slowly make my way towards him. I stand not far from him. He stares at me in the eyes.

"I saw someone come here... is there anyone?" I said. He furrows his eyebrows. He looks around briefly and turn to me. "As you can see... I'm all alone. Now please leave" he said. "No..." I said, shaking my head. "No? What else do you want, Y/N? You've already shattered my heart. I've got nothing else to offer..." he said.

"It won't have shattered if you'd just listen. It was Ruby, Miles. She's my best-friend. I'm sure you'd know her. Since you said you've been watching me at school..." I said. He froze in his spot. He turns to look at me. I just give him a small smile.

"Oh it's Ruby. God! I feel so stupid. I'm so sorry for accusing you, Y/N. I feel lost, you know?" he said. "Why?" I asked. "I've tried everything I could think of to win your heart. But nothing seems to work. So... when I heard those three words coming from your mouth, I just... I don't know. Oh God... now I'm embarrassed. I'm so sorry" he said, burying his face into his hands. I just nod my head. I can see his face turning from anger into embarrassment. I just let out a giggle and take a seat next to him.

Just try to kiss him... maybe you'll feel something, Y/N Ruby's voice echoed in my head. I bit my lips, deciding whether I should do it or not. I glance at Miles as he's busy playing with his guitar. He looks so focused.

"Miles..." I said. He stops playing and turns to look at me. "Yeah?" He said. I turn my body to face him. He looks at me in confusion. I gently cup the side of his cheek. I slowly lean forward and place a soft kiss on his lips. He froze in his spot. But he kisses me back anyway.

I can feel my heart rate beating faster. This feeling is something I've never felt before... and I'm feeling it here. With Miles. I guess this means... I'm falling in love with him.

I slowly pull away from the kiss. I open my eyes to look at him. He's looking back at me with a confused expression. "W-What... w-what was t-that for?" He asked. I smile softly at him. "Miles..." I said. He just stare at me.

"I love you too, Miles..." I said. His eyes widens. A smile slowly starts to form on his face. "Really?" He said. I smile and nod my head. He lets out a happy laugh and throws his arms around me. I let out a yelp as I fall backward on the bed. I let out a giggle as he nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.

He pulls away from the hug and looks at me. "So...does that means you'd be my girlfriend?" He asked, looking at me with a shy smile. I smile and nod my head. "Yes... I'd love to be your girlfriend" I said. He grins happily and leans in for another kiss. I guess I have a boyfriend now. Thank you, Ruby. Your plan works.

*to be continued*

A/N: aweee... Y/N and Miles have officially become a couple! That's so sweet~ Miles seem to be the type to get jealous easily. Let's see what will happen... will his jealousy brings both him and Y/N in trouble? Read and find out! Love ya~