Chapter 11

Previously on Chapter 10

He pulls away from the hug and looks at me. "So...does that means you'd be my girlfriend?" He asked, looking at me with a shy smile. I smile and nod my head. "Yes... I'd love to be your girlfriend" I said. He grins happily and leans in for another kiss. I guess I have a boyfriend now. Thank you, Ruby. Your plan works.

-Going For A Date-

Y/N P.O.V

Today is another teaching session with Miles. He's currently solving some math problem. I place my chin on the palm of my hand, as I watch Miles. He looks so focus.

"Uh... Y/N. If you keep staring at me like that. I'm not going to be able to focus" he said. I blink my eyes and clear my throat. "Sorry... I'll just read a book as I wait for you to get done..." I said. I was about to get up, but Miles grabs my hand. He gently pulls me so I'm sitting on his lap.

"Uh... what are you doing?" I asked, blushing deep shade of red as I stare at Miles. He smiles and tuck a strand piece of hair behind my ear. "Just stay here..." he said. He looks over my shoulder as he continue to solve the math problems.

"Can you even see?" I asked. "Of course... you're kind of small, you know? But if you're worried, here..." He said. He moves me a little, gently placing my head on his shoulder.

I wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel his free arm snaking itself around my waist. I just smile to myself, burying my face into the crook of his neck. He place a soft kiss on the side of my head. I smile softly as he tighten his arm around my waist.

"Can you even focus with me sitting like this?" I said, without moving my head. I feel Miles nodding his head. "Of course... in fact, your presence sooth me" he said. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

***

"Y/N... hey..." I hear a soft voice. I pull away slowly. I turn my head to look at Miles. "You fell asleep..." he said, chuckling at the sleepiness in my eyes. I blush at his teasing voice. I clear my throat.

"Are you done with the math problem?" I asked. He nods his head. "Yeah... of course" he said. I turn in his arm. I was about to get up. But he tightens his arms around my waist.

"Miles... I need to check your answers" I said. "So? You don't have to get up" he said. I let out a huff and start checking his answers while still sitting on his lap.

"Hmm... I'm impressed. You got everything right" I said, turning to look at him. "Of course... I did get the best teacher" he said, nudging his nose against mine. I blush a deep shade of red and gently hit his shoulder.

"Stop making me blush" I said. He chuckles at my remark. "It's not my fault that you get flustered so easily, Y/N..." he said, chuckling. I just roll my eyes at his comment. I try to get off his lap, but he won't let me.

"Miles... let go" I said. He shakes his head. He bury his face into the crook of my neck. "No... it's comfy like this..." he said. "I've been sitting on your lap for an hour. Don't your leg get cramp or something?" I asked.

"Nope..." he said. I can his smile against my skin. I let out a soft sigh and smile to myself. I lift my hand, gently placing it on his head. I start to caress his hair softly. Even though it looks a little messy because of all the curls, it's actually really soft and fluffy.

"Hey, Y/N..." he said. I let out a hum in return. He pulls his head away from my neck. "Do you wanna go on a date with me?" He said. "A date?" I asked. He smiles and nods his head.

"Who will take us? We're far from the town, right?" I asked. He nods his head. "We are... but we can ask Kate to take us there" he said. I let out a hum and nod my head. "Sure... it sounds like fun" I said. He smiles and leans closer, placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Let's go and get ready, shall we? We'll meet by the entrance at about an hour" he said. I nod my head. "Yeah sure..." I said, smiling at him. He finally lets go of my waist. I stand up from his lap. He stands up as well.

We walk out of the library. "See you in an hour..." he said. I nod my head. "Yeah... I'll see you in an hour, Miles" I said. He smiles and kisses my forehead. He turns around and walk away. I smile softly to myself as I turn around and start walking to my room.

***

Kate drops us off at the town. "Thank you, Kate..." I said. "Anytime... what time should I come pick you up?" She asked. "It's okay... we'll grab a cab" Miles said. She nods her head. I wave at her and she drives away.

I feel a hand slip in mine. "Let's get going now, shall we?" He said. I nod my head in agreement. We start to explore the town, hand in hand. First, we head to a cafe to have some drinks and snacks.

"What do you wanna have?" Miles ask me as we take a seat. "I don't know... I've never been to this café" I said. He lets out a hum and nod his head. "Alright... then I'll get you what I think is the best ones here" he said. I smile and nod my head, believing him. He turn around and walk towards the counter to place some orders for both of us.

"Y/N. Is that you?" I heard someone said. I turn my head and notice a boy. He's the boy Miles beat up that day. "Oh. It is you..." he said, grinning. He walk towards me and stand in front of me. "What do you want?" I asked. He just smirks as he leans down so his face is right in front of mine.

"I just wanna have some fun. It's pretty boring when you graduated, you know that right?" he said. He lift his hand. Just as he was about to place his hand on my head. A hand grabs his wrist in a tight grip. I turn my head and notice Miles. He have a glare on his face, directed straight to the boy.

"You're making her uncomfortable... leave now" he said. His voice is calm, but his eyes held anger. Ace turns to look at him with a bored expression. "Oh well... what do you know? The school's idiot... I heard you got expelled after beating me" the boy said, tauntingly.

I turn to look at Miles worriedly. I know he's not going to take this lightly. "Shut up... stay away from Y/N. Leave... now" he said, his voice is low and dangerous. "What's in it for you anyway? I can do whatever I want with her. Right, babe" he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I tense up at the feeling of his arm around me. It's making me so uncomfortable.

Miles walks towards him and grab his collar. "I'm her boyfriend, you moron... now STAY AWAY from my girl, or I'll fucking kill you!" he said. Ace burst out laughing at what he said. "Boyfriend? You... and THIS nerd?? Awe... what a strange couple you two are" He said. I can see Miles clenching his hand.

"I've beaten you up before... and I'll beat you again. There's no teacher to stop me this time..." Miles said, glaring at him. He swings his first towards the boy. He stumbles backward from the harsh impact. He fall on the ground on his butt.

Miles walks towards him, but I quickly grab his arm. He turns to look at me. His gaze softens. "Don't... I don't want you to be in trouble, Miles" I said. "There will be no trouble. We're not in school anyway" he said. "You could get hurt!" I said. He lets out a sigh and turn to the boy.

"Leave now... you're lucky Y/N is here to stop me... or today will be the last day you'd see the sun" he said, glaring at him. The boy scrambled to his feet and turns around, running away.

Miles sighs softly and turns to look at me. "I'm sorry, Y/N... our date is ruined because of him" he said. I shake my head, smiling softly at him. "It's not... we can still have some fun" I said. He smiles at me and nod his head. He walks towards his counter and grab the tray.

He walks back towards me as I take a seat. He place a f/c in front of me and a cup of f/d. "How did you know I love this cake and drink?" I said. "I have my ways..." he said, winking at me. I roll my eyes at his cheekiness. He reaches over and grabs my hand. He gently run his finger on my knuckles. I smile at him as I start to eat the cake. God... I have fallen for this boy, and I've fallen hard.

*to be continued*