Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

We pull away from the kiss after a while. He smiles softly at me. I gently place my chin on his shoulder, as he tighten his arms around me. I smile softly to myself, happy that I finally found someone who truly love me like Miles do. I love him so much.

-Nursing-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm sitting in the library, waiting for Miles. He's supposed to be here an hour ago for another lesson. But he's being really late. I let out a sigh as I tap my finger on the table. I glance at the clock to see what time it is.

"Where is he?" I mumbled to myself. I let out a sigh and stands up, deciding to just check on him at his room. I make my way out of the library and make my way to his room.

At Miles's Room

"Miles?" I called out, pushing the door open. I can see his figure on the bed. I notice him shivering a little. I rush to his side and take a seat on the edge of the bed. I place my hand on his forehead and flinch at how warm it felt. "You are burning up, Miles..." I said, worriedly.

Miles open his eyes and turn to look at me. He gives me a lopsided smile. "Hey..." he said. I let out a sigh and run my hand through his hair. He grabs my hand that's on his hair and pulls it close to his lips, placing a soft kiss on the back of my hand.

"When did you start feeling sick?" I asked. I scoot closer to his head and start massaging it softly. He let out a soft hum, in appreciation.

"This morning. I couldn't call out for anyone because I feel drained of energy, and this house is huge for anyone to hear me" he said. I frown at what he said. I should've check on him sooner. He must feel awful being sick like this.

"I'll be right back, okay? I'll just go and grab a bowl of water to help lowering your fever" I said. He just nod his head, giving me a weak toothy grin. I roll my eyes and places a soft kiss on his forehead. I stand up and walks away.

After grabbing whatever I need. I make my way back to Miles room. I turn my head when I feel something, but I see nothing. I shake my head and just dismiss it as part of my imagination.

I turn around and flinched when I came face to face with Mrs. Grose. "Why are you carrying that?" She asked. She is eyeing the bowl of water on the tray in my hands. I turn to look at her again.

"Miles is sick. He have a fever. So I'm taking this to help breaking his fever" I said. She looks worried after hearing what I said. I give her a smile, trying to reassure him that Miles will be alright. Since it's just a normal fever.

"I'll prepare some soup for him later on..." she said. I just smile softly at her as a sign of gratitude. "Please take care of him, okay?" She said. I just nod my head in response. I walk around her, continue making my way towards my sick boyfriend's room.

I enter Miles's room and place the tray on the table. I turn to look at Miles as he watches my action. I rinse the cloth into the water. I make my way to her and gently place the wet cloth on his forehead.

The door opens to reveal Mrs. Grose. She's holding a tray of the soup she was talking about. "Thank you..." I said, smiling at her. She nods her head and turns her attention to Miles.

"Get well soon..." she said. Miles just smiles at her and nods his head. She turns to look at me. "I'll leave him in your care" she said. I just nod my head in response, while smiling reassuringly at her. She turns around and leaves the room.

I turn my head to look at Miles. "Your stomach must be empty. Do you think you can eat?" I asked. He just moves to sit up, I grab the cloth before it fell off his forehead and get his shirt wet. He lean his back against the headboard.

"Only if you feed me..." he said. I just hum at what he said and nod my head, making him grin happily. I place the cloth back on the bowl, letting it hang there. I move to stand up and make my way towards the bed. I take a seat on the edge of the bed.

I scoop up some of the soup with the spoon. I gently blow on it so it won't be too hot. I bring the spoon closer to him making sure to not spill anything. He opens his mouth and slurp the soup from the spoon. I smile softly as I continue to feed him.

After he finished the whole bowl. I gently wipe his lips. I can feel his eyes on me. I feel my cheeks growing warmer by his intense gaze. I turn to look at him and pout.

"Stop looking at me like that... you're making me shy" I said. He let out a chuckle at what I said. He moves to lay down and grabs my waist, pulling me closer to his side. I lean my head against his chest.

"Sorry, I can't help but stare at you. You're beautiful, Y/N... my beautiful girlfriend" he said. I bury my face in his chest to hide my blush. I feel his chest vibrating as he let out a chuckle. "I can tell you're blushing~" he teased. I gently hit his chest which only makes him laugh more.

"Stop laughing and get some rest. You need a lot of rest to recover faster" I said. He just pulls me closer, snuggling closer. He pulls away slightly to look at me. He stares at me with a pout.

"You'll be here, right?" He asked. I smile and nods my head. I pull him closer, letting him rest his head in the crook of my niece. I run my hand through his hair. His grip starts to loosen but still firm around my waist.

I pull away a little to see him sleeping. I smile softly and places a soft kiss on his forehead. I wrap my arms around his upper body, being the big spoon. He moves closer to me. I start to feel sleepy as well. I close my eyes and let myself drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*