14. Last kiss

I had never thought about how ominous the building where his lab lay was.

Large and dark, with several windows that were always gaping and unlit, it stood threatening above me like a hungry animal trying to decide whether I was tasty enough to devour or not.

It was funny how I hadn't been affected by the building knowing it housed a freezer with a dead body, or an AI capable of mass destruction (because at this point, there was no doubt in my mind Tobirama was capable of mass destruction and it wasn't Hashirama's codes that protected the world from it but Tobirama's own good, unbeating heart). But knowing it contained a man that had broken my heart not once but twice made the building seem incredibly eerie.

I blipped my card; it worked. It suddenly struck me that Hashirama seemed to be the only person who used this building as his lab. I'd never seen anyone else in the lunch room or in the corridors. I'd honestly never seen Hashirama interact with anyone.

Did people shun him?

I opened the door to his lab, expecting to see him stand there working, but to my surprise, it wasn't Hashirama who stood there.

It was Tobirama.

He had baggy, light blue jeans and a black long-sleeved top. He had bags under his eyes which I didn't even know was a thing when you didn't have a proper circulation. When I came in, he gaped, as if unable to believe I was there.

I suddenly became very aware of how rude I had been last time I saw him.

The sensation of relief when I saw him took me completely by surprise. All fear of the building, all heartache caused by Hashi, all nerves of seeing him again were washed away as I saw the incredibly kind machine in front of me.

I dropped my backpack, ran to him, threw myself into his arms, and burst into tears.

"I'm sorry!" I wailed. "I'm so sorry!"

But Tobirama didn't catch on. He didn't comfort me, or said say it was okay, or that it was not okay. Instead, he grabbed my face, bent down so he was face-to-face with me and shook me.

In his face was pure panic.

"Why did you come?! Why, Izuna, why?! You're so stupid!! You're so stupid, Izuna!! You should have stayed out!!"

I frowned, my tears drying in pure confusion. In his face was raw worry. 

And all of that love.

"What..."

He put his lips to mine then, kissed me forcefully as if his life depended on it.

As if it was our last kiss.

He pulled away from me, went back to staring at me as if wanting to imprint me into his mind forever.

"Hello, Izuna."

I turned round. Tobirama didn't; he closed his eyes, bent his head down a little as if he was tired of this, tired of the world, tired of him.

He stood in the door, clad in simple trousers and a shirt, his long, chestnut hair in a low bun, arms crossed, a smirk on his face.

The computer programOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara