Chapter 6: Bonding

Bonding

Bonding

It had been about a week since the fight with Two-Face, and let's just say it did not go well. Bruce did manage to put Two-Face back in Arkham but on the other hand, Grace managed to get a broken ankle in the process. While fighting Two-Face one of his men who helped him escape hit Grace in the ankle with some type of metal bar or maybe even a metal pipe.

Now, Grace had been on bed rest for the past week, and to say she felt completely useless would be an understatement. Jason had occasionally stopped by her room to deliver lunch or breakfast while Alfred cleaned up the kitchen, but that was only the first few days. Grace has been trying everything to get out of bed and go train, but Alfred or Bruce would catch her every single time.

As Grace tried once again to escape the prison that is her room she was stopped by Jason. "What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting." He asked her while he was walking to his room.

"I just needed to stretch my legs, and learn how to fully use these things." She told him gesturing to the crutches that had been helping her stand properly.

"Well Bruce isn't here he had some meeting that had to deal with some type of charity he was donating to, and Alfred drove him so it's just us here," Jason told her, Grace gave a small nod and watched Jason as he walked into his room.

It took Grace some time to finally get down the stairs, but once she finally made it she realized she didn't actually have a plan on what to do, she didn't think she would have made it this far. She soon made up her mind to go into the Batcave, she needed to get as much training in as she could before Bruce comes back.

****

After some time Jason got bored of playing video games in his room and decided to see what Grace was doing. After searching most of the manor he realized that she must have been in the Batcave, he knew Bruce would never allow her to go train with a broken ankle. Once Jason got down to the Batcave he saw Grace punching the life out of a training dummy. He debated on telling her not to train because she would risk the chance of hurting herself more, but he realized that she had been stuck in her room for about a week with very little to do. He figured she needed this or she would go crazy. So he didn't try to stop her, he just joined her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Grace asked finally noticing Jason while not taking her eyes off the training dummy.

"I could ask you the same thing." He said walking up to the punching bag before taking a few swings at the bag.

"Look, I need to train and it's bad enough that I already have Alferd and Bruce on my ass about staying in bed, I don't need you out of all people on my ass about it too," Grace said finally taking a break to look at Jason.

"What do you mean by "me of all people"? He questioned walking away from the punching bag.

Grace rolled her eyes and turned back to the training dummy before answering his question. "If I'm being honest I don't really like you-"

"I couldn't tell," Jason said cutting her off mid-sentence.

"What I meant was, I don't need you telling me what I should do." Grace continued.

"I wasn't telling you what to do." He argued back. 

"Good," Was all she said in response.

Jason decided not to argue with her so he simply went back to the punching back he was at and started to silently punch it while trying to avoid eye contact with Grace. 

After a few minutes of them, both silently training Jason couldn't stand it anymore so he finally spoke up. "Okay, I still don't understand what I did for you to hate me, you don't even know me." He said looking back at Grace. 

"I just don't want you here it's simple," Grace responded.

Jason groaned in response, "But why?" He continued.

Grace now taking her eyes off of the training dummy finally met Jason's eyes. "Because I don't think you should be Robin." Grace went grabbed her crutches and was going to leave until Jason ran in front of her, therefore, stopping her from grabbing them. If looks could kill then Jason would've been dead on the spot with the glare that Grace had sent him. 

"That can't be it," Jason told her while grabbing her crutches and handing them to her. Grace instantly took them from Jason's hands and tried to leave until he stopped her again. 'Come on, just at least tell me, then I promise to leave you alone." Jason begged.

"Promise?" Grace said not believing a word that came out of his mouth.

"Scouts honor." He replied while putting a hand on his heart and raising the other one. If it was anyone Grace would've laughed, but she didn't she didn't even flash a small smile. 

"Okay fine, I hate you because Bruce made you Robin when he could've made you anything else's like Sparrow or something like that but he made you Robin," Grace told him.  

"Wait, so you're saying that if I wasn't Robin you wouldn't hate me?" Jason asked more confused than ever.

"I don't know, all I know is that I really don't want you here. But sadly I have no choice." was all she said before leaving. 

All Jason could do was watch Grace leave. He soon started to wonder why Grace is the way she is, he couldn't help but wonder what would've happened if he became his own superhero who fought alongside Batman and Phobia. He knew it was going to take some time but Jason was determined to get to know the girl, there was just something about her that made him want her to like him. Maybe it was the fact that he hated the thought of someone not liking him before they even got to know him, or maybe there was something else. All he knew was he wanted to get rid of whatever was keeping her from letting him in.

A/N: After many requests, I finally finished this chapter. I know that it's kinda short but I just needed to publish it. I know the title is called Bonding even though Grace and Jason didn't really bond, but they finally had a full conversation! But I promise they will get closer soon I promise. I have no idea when the next chapter will be up but it will probably take some time due to the fact I'm leaving for vacation and will be out of the country in 2 weeks and will be gone for another 2 weeks. 

I wanted to give a shout-out to @redhoodsvenom for inspiring me to write this fic. Make sure you go check out her Jason Todd Fanfic along with her other fics. Her writing is absolutely amazing.